General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Best Winter FloorMat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 AM

Question Best Winter FloorMat?

I am in the market for a pair of floormats to use during the snowy, slushy winters here on the North Shore of Chicago.

I see the commercials for the WeatherTech floor liners and I am pretty impressed but it got me wondering if there was anything comparable out there that may not cost $100 a pair?

What are you all using and what are the benefits and drawbacks?

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:27 AM

I use the Niffy Products Carpeted Floor liners.

These things are molded to the floor and match the carpet. It looks factory catches all the crap and holds it. If they need cleaned just remove them and hose them off and let dry.

I also use a mat on top of them too but it is optional.

They are not cheap $82.95 for the front seat but will last as long as you own you HHR. They also make them for the front seat, back seat and cargo area for the HHR in all factory colors.

604337w.jpg][/url]

These are a photo for a GMC truck. Note the raise edges that catch all the crud that come with winter. Nothing will get on your carpet as it is a heavy molded rubber liner under the carpet.

I use the Huskey Floor mats on top but they are really not needed. THey are as good as the weather tech but are $49 a pair. In my GtP I just use the NPI liners sans the mats.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:48 AM

I bought a set of "rubber" floor mats in 1992 that could hold up to one gallon of liquid. I was living in upstate NY at the time and needed something to hold the slush of winter driving. These are deep mats (Kracko or something like that was the brand) and I found them probably in the auto section of Walmart or K mart or an auto parts store. The worked so well, I transferred them in 1999 to my new Buick when I replace the 92 car. I even stuck them in my HHR in '06 when I bought it. Although no slush in Florida, I have made trips north in winter weather and they have held up remarkedly well. These were relatively inexpensive and I have seen them since for under $20 front and back.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 AM

floor mats.

I live in So. Calif., got tired of trying to keep clean the stock mats as you pick up oil and grease in the parking lots, so I bought the GM Slush mats that are rubber with the HHR logo, im happy so far all you have to do is wash them.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 AM

Take a look at these Husky Floor Liners, molded for the HHR, holds liquids inside the liner, http://www.huskyliners.com/Custom_Molded_Floor_Liners
Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 AM

I have the husky liners. Got them from Autoanything for about $70 with free shipping. They look like they could easiy hold up to a gallon of liquid. They are formed to the floor prety good too.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 AM

I too have the GM slush mats w/HHR logo but have only had them a few weeks, so can't really say good or bad yet. I will say they fit perfect and look good. We do have the weathertech mats in our van and they have been great. I am not sure about the molded ones though. My father has those in his Tacoma and after a few years they are starting to curl around the edges and no longer fit snug. I borrowed his truck a while back and each time I got in or out, my foot would get hung up on those edges. Of course, I don't know exactly what style he has, and they are a few years old, so they may have improved on these.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:31 AM

I use the same Nifty Products floor mats that hyperv6 uses. I believe the model is called the Catch-all. I have used these on all my vehicles for the past 12 years and they are very good, but expensive. They will hold a lot of water and slush.

Summit Racing shows a front pair for $83.

Steve
Old 11-06-2009, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
Take a look at these Husky Floor Liners, molded for the HHR, holds liquids inside the liner, http://www.huskyliners.com/Custom_Molded_Floor_Liners
This is what I use.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:57 PM

I have the WeatherTech mats, Really like them a lot. Best thing about them is I never get my carpets wet. All the water stays on the WeatherTechs.

Quick Reply: Best Winter FloorMat?