General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Biased HHR reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by LVJJJ
I avoid zines like Car & Driver as they do get negative on USA cars and brag about how good the foreign cars are. Those jelly beans they like can only carry 4 bodies and one bag of groceries. We can take our trash to the dump, carry bags of sand, carry my band equipment, squeeze a new recliner into the back, can sleep back there if necessary, and it looks different than anything else out there.
C&D has gotten better. They have nothing but constant praise for modern Cadillacs and they even say that the Caddys are better driver's cars than the BMWs they fellated for so many years.

As far as jelly beans, they are so 1990s. The current car design language tends to feature feature lines that run in bizarre angles, angry looking front ends with grotesque LEDs, beltlines that start low in the front but slant towards the roof of the car in the back, rounded rooflines that limit rear headroom and ugly taillights. I much prefer a typical 1995 car to a current car when it comes to styling.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by bugo
The biggest flaw of the HHR is the small size of the windshield. It is way too short, so while sitting at lights I have to contort my whole upper body so I can see the lights. The huge mirror doesn't help things. The wide D pillar doesn't help visibility either, but for the most part it is an easy vehicle to see out of other than the short windshield.
This might help

LightInSight - Windshield Mounted Traffic Light Lens
Old 12-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Administrator

I've got one of those , a big help at the traffic lights!
Old 12-27-2015, 10:17 AM

bugo Actually the Vega engine was decent the main problem with them was that the radiator was too small. If you had a AC car t had a larger radiator, my cousin had a wagon with auto and AC and I know she did not take care of it, it was a good car for her till she lost it in a curve and totaled it. When Cosworth developed the head for it they stated that this was the first production engine to that time that they didn't have to beef up the bottom end to handle their head. People also complained that the silicon impregnated cylinder walls were no good (too small radiator - overheating) but this same technology was used in the Porsche 928 and it worked well for them.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:29 AM

I owned a new PT cruiser in their year 1. The braking in that car scared the he77 out of me. I had to hard brake it once and I thought it would never stop. Fortunately, I stopped inches short of the collision. I traded it in for an '06 HHR 2LT. Best trade i ever made, until the 2LT was traded for the '08 SS model. There was no decision what was better. HHR was hands up over the PT IMHO.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:29 PM
JCC

Reply to liking the HHR

As Jerry Jones says about this season's Cowboys football team... it may be an ugly baby BUT it's my baby. That's what I say about people not liking my HHR. It's what I like and drive, why care what others think. I don't care what they drive, just the way they drive it. My 2 cents....
Old 01-07-2016, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Silverfox
Depends on how you adjust your front drivers power seat height and how long your legs are for comfort.

Nothing to do with the Sun roof but depending on your body profile there can be an issue hitting your head when entering from either side on the roof opening depending on how you get in and out.

Also the Rear Hatch can be a height issue if you are over 6ft tall and forget to duck your head. More if you lower the rear an 1" or so.

I am 6ft. tall but have made mental and physical, and mechanical adjustments so that those issues no longer bother me.

Silverfox
I've never hit my head on the roof while getting out of the car. I barely bumped my head on the hatch ONE time.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by RatRodS
Thanks. I'll order one tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:22 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by bugo
http://www.lightinsight.com/
Thanks. I'll order one tomorrow.
I have had mine for a little over a month now. I was very skeptical that this little piece of plastic that came in an envelope with my name and address written in ink would magically make it possible for me to see traffic lights without bending down and hurting my neck. I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I figured if it worked then great and if it didn't I'd warn everybody. It was less than $20 delivered.

Guess what? It works like a charm. This thing is terrific! I can casually lean back in the seat and glance towards the top of the windshield to see if the light is green rather than having to contort myself like an ostrich or a giraffe. I was afraid that it would be in the way of my field of vision but I don't even notice it except when I look up. The website says to allow 2 or 3 weeks for delivery but I got it in just a few days (Ohio to Oklahoma).

To RatRodS and Oldblue and the others who recommended this product: thank you. When I was first looking at cars, I didn't consider the HHR because of the low windshield. I ended up getting a great deal on my HHR and thought I would just have to live with contorting myself at traffic lights. The low windshield is the worst feature of the HHR, bar none. This solves the problems that it causes.

Now if I could do something to make the mirror smaller...
Old 02-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Administrator

I don't agree with the low roof being the worst! I like the chopped top feel, the proportions are nice and neat! The light in site makes it very comfortable! I'm 6'5" tall and very comfortable in my HHR