General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Black on used car lot

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:15 PM

Welcome alcancer, and it does sound like you got a good deal on your car. In this area used HHRs seem to be going at a premium price which is good, but I would just as soon buy new that way I know it has been taken car of and not abused. I would feel good about buying used if they did not have many miles on them such as yours, but the ones I looked at had 15-19000 miles and I am betting they were rentals. Sounds like you got a b argain and again welcome Mark
Old 03-26-2006, 11:57 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. Indeed the pinstripe is the best part. I find it adds just the right touch to an all black car. I'm glad I bought used since it was a good deal, but I don't think I would have bought one with any more mileage than mine has. Once you start getting over 10,000 miles, you know it must have been a rental car and was probably abused. At least with Carmax, there's some degree of buyer protection and a fair gaurantee of quality. The only problems I noticed were that the inside had some stains on the seats and headliner, but Carmax shampooed most of them out for me, so it's pretty much as new as you can get without actually buying new. Plus, I was glad to get the running boards after reading the problems people up north were having with the sand and salt. Heck, it even still has the new car smell. :)
Old 06-24-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Keep in mind the car has been out since August
That's very true. And you have to keep in mind that some people with more dollars than sense are very fickle when it comes to cars. Something "New" will come out and they just have to have it. Then some little thing or two doesn't quite suit them just right. So they just trade it in and try something different for a while, until they get bored with that also. And on and on it goes!!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:34 AM

I got mine used as well and it was a program car with 7300 miles on it and still new car smell. I would have loved to buy brand new but I simply can't afford it. My last car was also a program car and it served me well for 7 years. I think with something as unique as the HHR they may not take as much abuse as a rental as the more popular models. I had the dealership run an accident and repair report on it before I signed the papers.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:05 AM

Gonna see more used HHR's as corporate leases expire. Off lease vehicles are more often in better shape than rentals because of the lease restrictions.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:38 PM

Also, most of the rental fleet vehicles will have the smaller 2.2L engines and no running boards. Keep that in mind wen searching...
Old 06-25-2006, 05:47 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Also, most of the rental fleet vehicles will have the smaller 2.2L engines and no running boards. Keep that in mind wen searching...
My neighbor must of rented the most rare HHR to rent.........

White, bright chrome, and LT w/2.4..........