General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Blind spot on the right side.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:53 AM

yeah i don't have any problems with the passenger seat, i think it's always lined with with the pillar anyways. The back ones were bothering me a bit so they came off months ago and hang out in the storage bin now,

This is a random though, but thinking about the storage bin, and the hhr brochure. They had the smaller bin right behind the seats filled with tennis balls in the brochure (if i remember correctly) who the hell would fill that with tennis balls !?!?!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:09 AM

I purchased a wide angle rear view mirror. It allows you to see what is "beside you" on both the drivers side and the passenger side. Just google in "panoramic rear view mirrors".
It's a simple install...it just attaches to your present rear view mirror.
Hope this solves your problem.

nortsr
Old 02-20-2009, 07:09 AM

all the tennis pros that drive HHRs duh. but the blind spot thing, try driving a smart car. my sister got one and insisted i drive it. it sucks in every aspect.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:50 AM

For what it is worth, I purchased the spotter mirror from my Chevy Dealership, they fit right on the upper corner of the stock mirrors and so far have worked great.

Dave
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM

adjust your mirrors

i have panel , huge blind spots. i purchased the little add on mirrors. i still haven't installed them. i posted the same or simular problem with mine. the panels are much worse. someone suggested that i adjust my mirrors all the way out. i have done this. affter i got used to it i haven't had any problem. backing up is anouther story. but i am also getting better with this. i was really surprised how much difference it is with the mirrors all the way out , it still took a while for me to adjust my brain. i still use much caution while changing lanes.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:12 PM

The blind spot mirrors are a "no-brainer", especially on a panel!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Think he's talking about the front seat.
Yeh, not looking out the passenger window but still on the passenger side but the next door back. I also have little spotter mirros but this is whenyou backing out of parking spaces and you need those side windows to see whatcomeing and the seat is inthe way
Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 PM

Just stick your head out the sunroof ?? Do I have to explain everything LOL
Old 02-21-2009, 09:43 PM

I have found that properly adjusted mirrors are the key. For the driver's side mirror, put your head against your driver's side window and adjust the mirror out until you just can't see your own car in it.

For the passenger side, lean to the right, roughly with your head over the shifter, adjust the right mirror out until you just can no longer see your own car.

When fine tuned, you should be able to look from your left mirror up to the rear view mirror and see an unbroken line of view. Likewise when you look off the right of your rear view mirror and glance over to the right side view mirror.

I have no blind spots in my HHR thanks to this set up... I have it down to a science. The other way to set it up, I guess, is to look in your rear view mirror... and whatever object is on the furthest to the left of the mirror should be on the very right side edge of the driver's side mirror. Same for the passenger side.

This may sound confusing... and when people drive my car sometimes they don't "get" it... and adjust the mirrors back to look right down the side of itself. This is of no help! You can see that view from your naked eyes!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:10 AM

I can see few people drive trucks here for a living if the HHR blid spots are an issue.

I used to have a Dodge van to drive from time to time. It had no windows in back including the doors. It also had the cheapest smallest mirrors Dodge offered.

Backing up brought real meaning to Dodge and Ram.

Like some have pointed out is you just need to use the mirrors. That is how it has to be done in most large trucks.

That or you swerve into the lane and scare anyone over there before you take it LOL!