General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Blue Dots

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:44 PM

Well, there is a diference between speeding and running red lights. Plus there are a lot of idiots out there who don't care what they do or who they do it to. To those people I say a big fu. The only safe way to drive you car is defensively, and to watch out for all the dumb drivers there are. I've always notice, the people who take care of their cars, and mod their cars, and restore/customize their cars, seem to drive a little better then the person driving a 1986 pos. This thread in my opinion ties in with the on-star debate of wanting someone watching, knowing where you are all the time. Cameras at stoplights, taking your picture are another way for the local gov. to keep track and not have to actually do their job of policing traffic. Jst my opinion.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by stick
This thread in my opinion ties in with the on-star debate of wanting someone watching, knowing where you are all the time. Cameras at stoplights, taking your picture are another way for the local gov. to keep track and not have to actually do their job of policing traffic. Jst my opinion.
Being from the UK, but now living here, I can tell you that people don't run red lights there as much as they do here. They have red light cameras, and speed cameras EVERYWHERE back there. Conversely, speeding is much worse in the UK despite the cameras, as you know where they are so you can slow down. I have to say though, that I find people are in a world of their own here when they drive, and a lot of people have a total lack of respect for anybody around them. My pet peeves are drivers blocking others from turning into traffic, or crossing traffic, no indicating, and driving so close that you can't see their headlights. Has nobody heard of the 3 second rule?!

Problem is that I don't dare have road rage, as guns are legal here!!

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Question Blue Dot Installation ??

OK, the Blue Dots are cool. I'm a SC (senior citizen) and have had them back in the day. Gotta have 'em again. However, being Older and Wiser than I was back then, I'm concerned about the installation. What is ya'lls experience drilling out the tailights, sealing them up etc. I don't want water getting in there. I live in Houston and it rains a whole lot!!

What are your suggestions?

Michael