General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Blue tooth and USB drive are awesome

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM

USB flash drive storage-highjack

Guys,

I love the features too and I wonder why my 2 gb flash works great and the new 4 gb SanDisk doesn't load..reads failed.

Other than this the USB radio is pretty sweet! The Bluetooth works much better in this HHR of ours than our Acura (and Honda products are supposed to be perfect!)

QuickRick
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM

Glad you guys love your USB drive. I have one in my 09 HHR/SS.....except it does not work. I filled up a 4 gb flash, plugged in and it plays maybe 5 songs and then goes back to the radio...when you try to restart it,it says no device in USB or something like that. I tried 4 differerent flash drives as I have 10 of them.....same thing. You guys never had an issue? What brand flash are you using?I am using Kingston Data Traveller 4 gb.I am taking it to the dealer on Tuesday, may need a new radio.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:10 PM

right now i'm using the 2gb sandisk cruzr
Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 PM

I wish I had BT and USB, but mine's an '08 and they were unavailable at the time.

My son just picked up an '09 Cobalt last week equipped with both. He uses them constantly. Good equipment.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:14 AM

I know once in a while w/ my ipod in the usb it will just randomly go back to the radio for no reason. Doesn't happen often and is usually about 9-11 songs into playing. I have to unplug and then replug in the usb and it works fine again. I dont think there is a button for keeping the usb plugged in and then switching back and forth. Maybe I am wrong but I always have to plug it into get it to register. There is a cd/aux button, but that does not control the usb. (just the sucky aux mp3 port) If there is a button so I can leave the iPod plugged in and switch between that and the radio someone please inform me.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
I know once in a while w/ my ipod in the usb it will just randomly go back to the radio for no reason. Doesn't happen often and is usually about 9-11 songs into playing. I have to unplug and then replug in the usb and it works fine again. I dont think there is a button for keeping the usb plugged in and then switching back and forth. Maybe I am wrong but I always have to plug it into get it to register. There is a cd/aux button, but that does not control the usb. (just the sucky aux mp3 port) If there is a button so I can leave the iPod plugged in and switch between that and the radio someone please inform me.
when you hit the am/fm/xm button, ( i think i usually hit the cat button) it will cycle over to radio, then to get to ipod, use the aux button.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
when you hit the am/fm/xm button, ( i think i usually hit the cat button) it will cycle over to radio, then to get to ipod, use the aux button.
It hasn't worked for me. I will try it agian tomorrow when I get my ss back from the dealer. Aux is the headphone jack on the oppisite side.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:00 AM

love the blue tooth in my HHR....don't have the usb, but checked out the cd to make sure it worked as I listen to xm all the time....won't go back....so don't miss it anyway...
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 PM

Kingston brand Flash drives

Guys,

So I was on the Cadillac website and went to their audio section to see if they had USB flash drive issues. Turns out that some brands work and sonme do not; maybe we ought to list was does and doesn't work well to store music on and play.

I can't tell you what brand mine is because it was a "no name" give-a-way 2GB. I can tell you that some SanDisk work while others don't but this Cadillac guy liked Kingston brand flash drives.

I think I'll go check one out, but the jest of this is: keep trying, it isn't you but rather the flash manufacturer.

I can use the 4 GB Cruzer for other things and empty my working flash drive.

QuickRick

Last edited by QuickRick; 08-26-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: I forgot to proof read
Old 08-26-2009, 10:19 PM

If your going to make a master list of flash drives that work then we need to do it in the audio section. just my .02

Quick Reply: Blue tooth and USB drive are awesome