General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Blue tooth and USB drive are awesome

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:26 AM

FWIW, I'm using a PNY Attache 8gb and 16gb USB drives w/ no problems. I got both on sale at Staples for $50 (8 gb $15, 16gb $35). That still beats buying an Ipod in my book! Hope that helps.

Later
Allex
Old 08-27-2009, 09:24 AM

It helps.Did you have to reformat it or did you just add songs and it worked fine in the car right away? I ordered the PNY Attache 8gb on Ebay and it should be here in a day or so. Hopefully,they will work for me too. Let you guys know.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuickRick
Guys,

So I was on the Cadillac website and went to their audio section to see if they had USB flash drive issues. Turns out that some brands work and sonme do not; maybe we ought to list was does and doesn't work well to store music on and play.

I can't tell you what brand mine is because it was a "no name" give-a-way 2GB. I can tell you that some SanDisk work while others don't but this Cadillac guy liked Kingston brand flash drives.

I think I'll go check one out, but the jest of this is: keep trying, it isn't you but rather the flash manufacturer.

I can use the 4 GB Cruzer for other things and empty my working flash drive.

QuickRick
Can you list that website? I have heard some Sandisk work and some dont also. I ordered a PYN Attache and a Sandisk off Ebay and I am hoping one of thim works. Funny,the Caddy guy uses Kingstons because none of mine would work in the car. Its very annoying.I love to listen to music and I make MP3 discs for the car but to have a USB and fill up a flash with a 1000-2000 songs is awesome........but it would be more awesome to actually get it to work. Mine has not worked since day 1 !!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by gmdealerguy
It helps.Did you have to reformat it or did you just add songs and it worked fine in the car right away? I ordered the PNY Attache 8gb on Ebay and it should be here in a day or so. Hopefully,they will work for me too. Let you guys know.
All I did was plug it into my PC and sync it with my Windows media player. I just copied + pasted the albums I wanted and that's it! I plugged it into the USB port and have been enjoying it ever since. Right now I have about 45-65 hours of music in the 8gb (including one folder that has about 26 hrs' worth of mp3 music I downloaded from the net), haven't even touched the 16gb one yet . I haven't listened to the radio/XM/ CD's going on 2 weeks now...... now that's full of win!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM

USB Flash drives that DO work

Guys,

Here's the link to that Caddy site that I was on looking at their USB resolutions.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ive-audio.html

Check it out.

QuickRick
Old 08-28-2009, 01:16 PM

Well,I ordered a PNY and a Centon and a Sandisk from Ebay. I got the Centon last night and put about 3 cd's on it just to test it on my morning drive to work and so far it is working.I am going to see how it goes through the weekend before I call it a success as I first used the Kingstons that I mentioned and it played about 20 songs and quit before finally just never working again.I will try the other 2 and report back once I get them.Be nice if GM comes out with a bulletin saying which are compatible and which are not,they have a bulletin that only lists MP3 Player combatibility. Sooooooooooooo, right now I am going to say that this particular model seems to work(for now). : Centon 8GB Datastick Pro USB Flash Drive
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Old 08-28-2009, 07:06 PM

good device blue tooth
Old 08-30-2009, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by asanti
FWIW, I'm using a PNY Attache 8gb and 16gb USB drives w/ no problems. I got both on sale at Staples for $50 (8 gb $15, 16gb $35). That still beats buying an Ipod in my book! Hope that helps.

Later
Allex
Especially when you plug in the headphones when running/working out or when ever your not in the car. It is def. the same as the iPod, looks like I am returning my nano to the store and picking up a flash drive. Not sure why I even want an iPod touch.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:20 PM

Finally recieved my Kingston 4gb datatraveler flash drive, works as expected.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:16 AM

Having a 2009 corporate radio ordered and installed is just about the ONLY mod I'd want to do for my 2007. That's pretty dorky, isn't it?

Any clue on how much that craziness would cost me?

Quick Reply: Blue tooth and USB drive are awesome