General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Buttons on Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 09:13 AM

Buttons on Steering Wheel

I purchased a new HHR 2LT yesterday. The car was a dealer trade and was sitting on their showroom floor with 140 miles on it. I drove it around a little (yesterday) getting used to button locations, handling, etc.

This morning I get into the car and the digital readout on the dash was at the fuel economy position. I wanted to switch it ot the main position that showed outside temp and odometer. The menu button on the steering wheel would not allow me to scroll through the different positions. The rest of the buttons appear to work (cruise, radio).

I will be taking this to the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by RDosdorian
I purchased a new HHR 2LT yesterday. The car was a dealer trade and was sitting on their showroom floor with 140 miles on it. I drove it around a little (yesterday) getting used to button locations, handling, etc.

This morning I get into the car and the digital readout on the dash was at the fuel economy position. I wanted to switch it ot the main position that showed outside temp and odometer. The menu button on the steering wheel would not allow me to scroll through the different positions. The rest of the buttons appear to work (cruise, radio).

I will be taking this to the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.
I haven't heard anything about anyone else having that problem.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Yup, thats the first time I've heard of anyone having DIC button problems.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:38 AM

News to me. Not to sound mean or anything but are you sure that you are using them right? I have learned that if you are driving the car then you can only use certain areas of that function. While stopped at a light I was playing with them but whenI went to drive it changed and while driving I could not change some features, hope that helps ya!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by teknobunie
News to me. Not to sound mean or anything but are you sure that you are using them right? I have learned that if you are driving the car then you can only use certain areas of that function. While stopped at a light I was playing with them but whenI went to drive it changed and while driving I could not change some features, hope that helps ya!
All I know is... what I could do yesterday (with this button), I can not do today.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:53 AM

Look at the Book. I know there is a set-up page for it. I'm at work now so I cant tell you the exact page. I will look it up later. You are quickly pressing the menu betton right? Plus is your Doors Open or closed? Is the car started? Or on Aux? I'm just curious about the factors
Old 02-21-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Look at the Book. I know there is a set-up page for it. I'm at work now so I cant tell you the exact page. I will look it up later. You are quickly pressing the menu betton right? Plus is your Doors Open or closed? Is the car started? Or on Aux? I'm just curious about the factors
Door Closed, Engine Running, Driving down the road.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:05 PM

It should normally work in that condition. I usually flip back and fourth to my MPG and AVG speed. Try to hold down the menu button for a few seconds, then hold down the return button, then press the menu button again.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
It should normally work in that condition. I usually flip back and fourth to my MPG and AVG speed. Try to hold down the menu button for a few seconds, then hold down the return button, then press the menu button again.
I will give it a try when I get back to the car. Thank you for your help.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:29 PM

If that doesn't work, take your right hand thumb and place it at the base of your nose between your nostrils with your remaining fingers (assuming 4) pointed upwards. Then take your left arm and hang it out the driverside window. Be careful not to stab your armpit with the door lock.

The next step is the most critical, so try to do it exactly as I describe.

Wait until someone is within 50 feet of your HHR, then quickly thrust your head out the window and begin hollering while at the same time wiggling the fingers on your right hand.

DO NOT remove your right thumb from the base of your nose. If you think you are up to it, try waving your left arm over your head at the same time.

If done correctly, your problem should be solved ...

Disclaimer: Please note that the preceding instructions were meant to be humorous in nature. No expectation of actual performance is expressed or implied. Persons performing said instructions should be prepared for an ass-whooping or verbal abuse at the very least. I'm AlienHHR, and I approve this disclaimer.

Last edited by AlienHHR; 02-21-2006 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Buttons on Steering Wheel