General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Buttons on Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:04 PM

The fuel indicator was not saying you were low on fuel was it? This may override the other options. Just wondering.................
Old 02-21-2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by RickyO
The fuel indicator was not saying you were low on fuel was it? This may override the other options. Just wondering.................

That would not be an issue. I've seen low fuel. It would appear on the DIC, but you would still have use of the menu features.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by AlienHHR
If that doesn't work, take your right hand thumb and place it at the base of your nose between your nostrils with your remaining fingers (assuming 4) pointed upwards. Then take your left arm and hang it out the driverside window. Be careful not to stab your armpit with the door lock.

The next step is the most critical, so try to do it exactly as I describe.

Wait until someone is within 50 feet of your HHR, then quickly thrust your head out the window and begin hollering while at the same time wiggling the fingers on your right hand.

DO NOT remove your right thumb from the base of your nose. If you think you are up to it, try waving your left arm over your head at the same time.

If done correctly, your problem should be solved ...
Nice Humor Device to take away from the problem. However if the wrong person pulled aside to your car and took it to be offensive I highly doubt you would post the outcome. But once again good attempt to solve the apparent problem, I’m fully aware the above statement was merely a joke. However if used to the wrong person you never know the outcome. Just my two cents
Old 02-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

Whats with the moderators tonight? Just kidding guys.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:36 PM

There is nothing wrong. I had a great 3 day weekend. That Jokeing post was irrealvant and I wrote it was a nice ice breaker to deviate from the issue. But its not worth it to look like a fool. Especailly when you do not know what the expect from the next person.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIHHR
There is nothing wrong. I had a great 3 day weekend. That Jokeing post was irrealvant and I wrote it was a nice ice breaker to deviate from the issue. But its not worth it to look like a fool. Especailly when you do not know what the expect from the next person.
I think anyone with doing that jesture is going to look like a fool. I wouldn't get pissed I would laugh at them. That was humor my friend.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 PM

At first I was a bit put off by the response, but now I'm laughing at the mere suggestion that someone might actually try to do this to fix a problem with the DIC!!!

I will certainly go back and edit the post with a disclaimer...

(Sometime later...) Okay, disclaimer added...
Old 02-21-2006, 09:20 PM

Me Too!

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I think anyone with doing that jesture is going to look like a fool. I wouldn't get pissed I would laugh at them. That was humor my friend.
I WANNA DO IT! CAN I? HUH, CAN I?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:24 PM

Anyone named Big Jim from Oklahoma probably stands a better chance at getting away with this than anyone. Step right up and be the first...
Old 02-22-2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by AlienHHR
If that doesn't work, take your right hand thumb and place it at the base of your nose between your nostrils with your remaining fingers (assuming 4) pointed upwards. Then take your left arm and hang it out the driverside window. Be careful not to stab your armpit with the door lock.

The next step is the most critical, so try to do it exactly as I describe.

Wait until someone is within 50 feet of your HHR, then quickly thrust your head out the window and begin hollering while at the same time wiggling the fingers on your right hand.

DO NOT remove your right thumb from the base of your nose. If you think you are up to it, try waving your left arm over your head at the same time.

If done correctly, your problem should be solved ...

Disclaimer: Please note that the preceding instructions were meant to be humorous in nature. No expectation of actual performance is expressed or implied. Persons performing said instructions should be prepared for an ass-whooping or verbal abuse at the very least. I'm AlienHHR, and I approve this disclaimer.
Gotta love that disclaimer!! But still no mention of those "magic beans" I've read SO much about???

Quick Reply: Buttons on Steering Wheel