General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Buttons on Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 08:07 AM

OK, seriously... did you check the fuses/fuse box for loose fuses?? As mentioned in other previous/earlier threads on that subject.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jddrumman
OK, seriously... did you check the fuses/fuse box for loose fuses?? As mentioned in other previous/earlier threads on that subject.
No... I haven't dont that.

It's funny though. I went out to the car after work yesterday and everything worked as it should. Everything was working fine as of 11:00pm last night. This morning at about 6:30am I got into the car to come to work and it was not working. It would not move from the last screen it was set on (outside temp and odometer). The only difference (that I noticed) was the outside temperature was 42 degrees (colder than yesterday evening) and the car was damp on the exterior from sitting outside all night.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:27 AM

Bad contact point on your DIC button perhaps? You could try blowing it with some compressed air. The previous owner may have spilled something on the steering wheel.

jerij
Old 02-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jerij
Bad contact point on your DIC button perhaps? You could try blowing it with some compressed air. The previous owner may have spilled something on the steering wheel.

jerij
There is a good DIC joke in there but I don't want to get in trouble.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:40 AM

Just as I saw this I remembered I forgot to reset my oil on my dic. I always do that. I hope I remember when I leave for lunch
Old 02-22-2006, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
There is a good DIC joke in there but I don't want to get in trouble.
Ahhh come on... I can hardly wait for this one!! Got a pretty good idea where it was headed though.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by jerij

jerij
If only there had been a previous owner. I would take it to the dealer, but this is intermittent and I know that the minute I take it in... it will work and the dealer will say "Well... it's working fine now... "
Old 02-22-2006, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by RDosdorian
If only there had been a previous owner. I would take it to the dealer, but this is intermittent and I know that the minute I take it in... it will work and the dealer will say "Well... it's working fine now... "
I had one of the service guys ride with me for almost an hour. I had a bad blower a/c fan or something like that, but it was doing it nonstop and the second I made the appointment to get it looked at it stopped the noise. On my way home it started up so I did a u-ey (?) and floored it back to the dealership. It made the noise all the way until I hit traffic and while sitting in traffic it was fading away the closer i got the the dealership and when I turned it in stopped completely. So we drove around for really close to an hour and it started up. It was one heck of a day, but i was glad considering it started the noise again.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:03 AM

I did a quick check of the fuses and everthing looks ok. So, I made an appointment with the dealer to have it checked out. Since this appears to be an intermttent problem that only happens in the morning (so far), I am guessing the dealer is going to be useless. But that's what the warranty is for...right?!

I will keep you guys posted IF they find anything. I will drop it off Tuesday evening.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:52 PM

The dealer just called. Apparently the DIC Button is sticking. They ordered another one. Hopefully that turns out to fix the problem.