General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Buying Off the Dealer Lot

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 06:10 PM

I bought mine off the lot and at the time they had five colors to choose from ,I bought my 2LT (orange sunburst)with all the bells and whistles except it did not have on star,something I had no need for, I guess I was lucky to get the color and all the options without any wait time .
Old 03-19-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Holmes Hot Ride
It was eight weeks. Give or take a couple of days. Being from California, you might get it a week sooner. They are shipped by rail from Mexico.
Just a note; this has been changed. Due to extensive rail delivery problems, HHR's are now shipped via truck from Mexico. Thsi has greatly decreased transit time to dealers.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:29 PM

I ordered mine as I wanted manual transmission and the 2.4 engine. I could have avoided the wait and taken an automatic, but I just think the stick will make car seem a bit quicker. Don't think I have ever had a four cylinder before!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 PM

I just bought mine off the lot yesterday and within a 25 mile radius I had probably had about 30 to choose from at different dealers.The red was my 2nd choice in color but it was loaded with everything but onstar and they gave me a killer deal. They gave me $3000 above my payoff and dicounted $1000 off sticker which to me was unbelievable. They said it had been a slow week so I guess I was lucky.
Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2006, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by deadhead
I just bought mine off the lot yesterday and within a 25 mile radius I had probably had about 30 to choose from at different dealers.The red was my 2nd choice in color but it was loaded with everything but onstar and they gave me a killer deal. They gave me $3000 above my payoff and dicounted $1000 off sticker which to me was unbelievable. They said it had been a slow week so I guess I was lucky.
This does not surprise me. When I ordered my HHR back in September 2005 HHRs were hard to find and the Chevy dealer told me they could sell every one they could get their hands on. Now that they have become so popular, I just hope they don't over saturate the market. I am looking forward to seeing what the changes, if any the 2007 HHR has.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 AM

I ordered mine in Nov 2005. In all of California, (I searched all dealer stock), there were only 5 or 6 with the manual transmission. And none of which included the options I would take. I only ran across 1, that I almost bought, except it did not have the sunroof. It took me a few weeks to finally decide that I was no longer going to compromise on myself. Since the sunroof was what I wanted, then it was what I was going to get. This was really the first time in my life, that I did not settle for anything else. And to tell you the truth, it really felt great to get it in and know that it had my name on it from the day it was built!

So, mine came in in 7 weeks. And to make it even sweeter, the dealer did give me the Red Tag price and saved me almost 2K. It was well worth the wait!
Old 03-20-2006, 12:32 AM

I bought mine from the dealer lot in September. I found it on gmbuypower.com the day it showed up on there and immediately called the dealer. Three weeks later it came in and we bought it right off of the transport truck. We wanted the Daytona Blue with Cashmere leather and I had been searching for over a month. We almost ordered one to get exactly what we wanted. Originally we didn't want running boards or roof rails. The one we bought has both and I really like the running boards and am glad we got them.

As a side note, we saw a Sunburst Orange last night at Foothill Ranch Chevy in Foothill Ranch (CA) that had 19" 235 35R Federal tires and custom wheels and Eibach lowering springs. The sticker was $21430 with a $2895 charge for the tires/wheels and $1295 for the Eibach springs and 'lowering kit' making the grand total $25620. They also had 7 other HHR's on their lot.

Here is a photo of that expensive lowered HHR. It is not the best photo.
The lighting bad and there is dew on the car, but you get the point.

Name:  FoothillRanchHHR.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  38.0 KB

Becky
Old 03-20-2006, 12:35 AM

$1295 for a lowering kit? Man, I'm selling to the wrong crowd!
Guess I need to be selling to dealers!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
I went through the Chevy website. You can go through the site, find a dealer, then check their stock. Mine was on the factory lot when I bought it. I still wish I held out for running boards!
According to my window sticker, the color-keyed running boards are dealer installed... and $445.00. You can probably still get them, if you don't mind paying that much (and if they try to charge you labor for putting them on).
Old 03-20-2006, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Just a note; this has been changed. Due to extensive rail delivery problems, HHR's are now shipped via truck from Mexico. Thsi has greatly decreased transit time to dealers.
Hey SoCal, do you have any idea how recently this changed? Mine's in transit right now so I'm curious if this'll affect our estimated time. thanks.

Quick Reply: Buying Off the Dealer Lot