General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Bye-Bye to GM’s V-8s - Car News

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by hunter
I just love that the government is meddling into every aspect of our lives... Next they will start telling you what to eat and enforce it or tax you to death.
What kind of mpg a car gets is none of there concern. Let the market dictate what happens not the Government.
Anybody ever read 1984? It was something to be afraid of not aspire to.
Too true. The government is not the answer to all our problems, but is the cause of many. Vote 'em all out and imprison the lobbyists. Time to start over folks. There IS a conspiracy under every rock.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Too true. The government is not the answer to all our problems, but is the cause of many. Vote 'em all out and imprison the lobbyists. Time to start over folks. There IS a conspiracy under every rock.

I hate the word conspiracy but there is some truth to that.
Just recently in California there was some sort of proposal that would would allow the State to control how high your temp in your house is set. I think it was even for how long it was turned on also... it is all about control. Plain and simple. It is has nothing to do with the environment. It is BS.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:58 PM

I hate the word conspiracy but there is some truth to that.
Just recently in California there was some sort of proposal that would would allow the State to control how high your temp in your house is set. I think it was even for how long it was turned on also... it is all about control. Plain and simple. It is has nothing to do with the environment. It is BS.
Yeah, unfortunately there is always someone who thinks they know better than you on how to run your life. Somehow we bocome sheep and allow them to gain this control all too often. Things can get pretty out of hand with technology too.

My friend works for Blockbuster Video and their heat/AC IS controlled off site by someone two thousand miles away from him ! He's in CT . they are in Texas and they set the temperature.

Weird. I think larger companies try to control a lot of variables through out a chain to maximize profits. That is a good thing, but it can be taken too far..............
Old 01-17-2008, 07:36 AM

I love all the government conspiracy ideas with absolutly nothing to back them up.

Ever heard of a programmable thersostat that employees don't have access to, much cheaper than a 2000 miles thermostat watcher.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:09 AM

Yeah OK.

Using tap (or sea) water, extracting huge amounts of energy from it and returning only water vapour.....

Got news for you: it takes more energy to break water molecules than you get from burning the hydrogen you obtained. Basic laws of physics / chemistry. I love all of these magical / mystical energy sources. Coupled with conspiracy theories, they make great stories. Endless energy coming out of nowhere, or is that just "will power" ?

And most of these stories come out when gas prices are going up. I guess more people are willing to listen then....

Yves
Old 01-17-2008, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
I love all the government conspiracy ideas with absolutly nothing to back them up.

Ever heard of a programmable thersostat that employees don't have access to, much cheaper than a 2000 miles thermostat watcher.
I have seen thermostats in locked boxes with limited access. Makes sense in a work environment. The Blockbuster thing is rather silly, but real since current technology can make it happen. Silly bean counters.

Nah, I live for conspiracies. They make me smile
Who needs backup in this world where the government can't even backup or get its stories straight for getting us into ,...ah skip it. To early for my usual "don't trust the government" tangent. Just don't
Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by DreamHHR
Yeah OK.

Using tap (or sea) water, extracting huge amounts of energy from it and returning only water vapour.....

Got news for you: it takes more energy to break water molecules than you get from burning the hydrogen you obtained. Basic laws of physics / chemistry. I love all of these magical / mystical energy sources. Coupled with conspiracy theories, they make great stories. Endless energy coming out of nowhere, or is that just "will power" ?

And most of these stories come out when gas prices are going up. I guess more people are willing to listen then....

Yves
I have a Hello Kitty bobble head in the window of my store. It bobbles and bobbles all day and night. Very efficient use of a solar cell.

I tell folks it is the world's first perpetual motion device and it comes from Japan where they are modifying it to power cars. Customers are so much fun to play with
Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member

Hey Harpo...................

The fact of the matter is we as American's, are easy. We wish to believe conspiracy ideas as true because we evaluate data on emotion not facts or logic.

For example, last year while on a cruise in the middle of the Caribbean, I was using my lap-top on deck. I "jury -rigged" a cell phone and a small metal dish to LOOK LIKE I was receiving transmission from a satellite. I had many people convinced that it was working, after explaining it was a prototype for a start up company (I actually paid a stupid fee for wireless access on board). I, my wife and another couple had a good laugh about that.

Those wonder ideas stated above have been PROVEN untrue and a myths many times....but it is easier to believe a conspiracy than to use ones logic.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:52 AM

How about a 150 MPG suv....

http://www.cars.justelite.net/2008/0...rid-xh-suv/525
Old 01-17-2008, 11:03 AM

I just love that the government is meddling into every aspect of our lives... Next they will start telling you what to eat and enforce it or tax you to death.
What kind of mpg a car gets is none of there concern. Let the market dictate what happens not the Government.
Anybody ever read 1984? It was something to be afraid of not aspire to.

ummm... hear of global warming? Al Gore is a weiner but it doesn't mean that its not happening. But even if global warming is a farce increasing MPGs reduces pollution.

It is totally the goverment's job to regulate how much pollution is put up in the air. Not to mention how much foreign oil we as a nation consume. I am all for it and think that 35mpg per fleet is not strict enough.

I sold an 2001 LS1 camaro which actually got decent mileage but now i drive a 4 banger. I am doing my wallet, my country and the world better for it.

Quick Reply: Bye-Bye to GM’s V-8s - Car News