General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Can you be homesick for an HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Deceased

Question Can you be homesick for an HHR?

Well our vacation is going great, we're seeing the sights and doing the touristy things as we unwind. But there is one thing bugging me, even though we have an HHR rental, I'm homesick for my HHR's.

I just miss the familiar surroundings, the growl of the GMPP exhausts and intakes, the good tires, the rattle free ride, and the good stereos. I even miss the view out the windshield, red is nice but its hard to get used to when you always see Silverstone, Mocha Steel, or Black.

Maybe I'm being odder than usual, but does anyone else ever get homesick for their HHR?

P.S. For those thinking why didn't we just use our own HHR, I thought about it really hard and I just didn't want to pile up a bunch of miles on them.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:06 PM

Whenever I rent a car, I'm homesick for anything that's not the rental!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:06 PM

I can relate to that, but more often I find myself thinking back in the past about vehicles I had - and wish I still had. Never had room for a big 'stable' of vehicles, so most of the time, when I bought one, another had to go. I miss the '66 Corsa; the '84 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park - that I only had ONE WEEK when it burned up on me in Las Vegas (electrical fire); the '62 Thunderbird project car that had to go when we found out our first daughter was on the way; the '85 Nissan 300ZX Turbo that had to go for basically the same reason. On and on.....
Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM

I had a loaner for a week and missed my HHR every time I even looked at the beast they gave me.

Krash, there's only one* car in my history that I have missed since the day the towed it away, a '72 Gran Torino Sport. Yeah, just like the one Clint had in that movie, except not nearly as clean.

*Well, there was a '69 VW Microbus that I kinda miss, except whenever it's cold, and that's a LOT here.

Last edited by bfegypt13; 05-16-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: I can't type.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by bfegypt13
I had a loaner for a week and missed my HHR every time I even looked at the beast they gave me.

Krash, there's only one* car in my history that I have missed since the day the towed it away, a '72 Gran Torino Sport. Yeah, just like the one Clint had in that movie, except not nearly as clean.

*Well, there was a '69 VW Microbus that I kinda miss, except whenever it's cold, and that's a LOT here.
My folks had a '72 Gran Torino for a while - an ex-rental car notchback hardtop (yellow) with a 1/2 vinyl roof. I think it had the 2-barrel 351 in it. I wasn't particularly impressed with the way it drove. Early 70's Fords wern't exactly known for there precise handling and steering feel, although with a little work they could be improved quite a bit. To dad though, a car was just an appliance....
Old 05-16-2011, 05:46 PM

Vacation, geesh Mike, the Mrs. and you just returned from France not more than a couple of months ago ! Be safe .....
Old 05-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Deceased

Its a working vacation of sorts as we will be stopping at the stores we own to harass/cajole/irritate the worker bees.

Once we get this trip done and make a dash to the Indy 500, we're going to be busy with other projects and things for the balance of the year. You gotta go when you can, ya know.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:09 AM
geg

I do not miss about my HHR. My HHR next to me always, as an exemplary wife.
But during my visit to Kazan, I remembered the HHR with sadness. 1.5 months without a car! I long ago forgot how to ride on public transport.
On one machine I'm miss. Toyota Carina ED.

There were three. I bought one by one, sell one and buy another. I think i still went on to ED. But the Japanese have stopped production.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:48 AM

I put my HHR away every year in November bring it back out in May as of right now I still haven`t got it on the road till all this rain stops.I can`t say in the last 4 years that I missed it as I would rather have it longer than drive it in the salt.

My El camino SS has been put away since November 1989 I do think about it somtimes and will sit in it once every 2 years or so.I also put it away for the winter each year since it was new.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 AM

I miss my 85 Dodge Diplomat.

Mostly because I sold it for $700 and they're getting $2k and up around here now.