General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

canada hhr ss pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:25 AM

canada hhr ss pricing.

hi. Just got on the canada GM website and noticed the pricing structure for the hhr turbo. http://configurator.autodata.gmcanad...urVehicle.html . It's about 28,000. ADD on destination and its $29,335. Just to keep prices down, i didnt add any options to the ''build it yourself'' section. Next, add on 13% taxes....$3,813. s0000ooo....$33,148 0r so later...an overpriced chevy. ANY canadians here get a chance to test drive the turbo hhr yet? whats the prices like in your market?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:21 AM

Let me just say 1st off..... I don't know anything about bringing cars into other countries, but couldn't you just buy one in the US and drive it back into Canada cheaper?.....Maybe make a road trip out of it or something? Especially if your dollar is still worth more than ours...I dunno...Just thinking out loud......Regards
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 AM

$8,400 over base price LS for a turbo and new front end that takes away any thoughts about trading up.They would want $15,000.00 plus my panel GM Canada sure knows how to screw over car buyers,make huge profits and cry about market share.They pay the same price as U.S. dealers for the cars and disregaurd the fact that the Canadian dollar hasen`t been at 30% for over 3 years.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:54 AM

I made a comment about the SS pricing in a different thread. I went to the dealership on Friday and was told that it starts around $29,000 with a well optioned price around $33,000 maybe pushing $34,000. Yeah, with taxes and other charges that dealers will throw in it's well into the high $30's. I would have considered one if I could get it at around $32,000 when all is said and done but that's not going to happen. I was also told that they don't expect to get any SS models for another two months.

WRT buying in the US and importing into Canada it can be done fairly easily with most models. One problem is that if you buy a brand new vehicle off the lot (if you find a dealer that will actually sell to you) GM Canada likely will not honour the warranty (or so I was told when looking at importing a Buick Enclave.) If you buy used they may honour the remaining warranty after inspection. The other problem is that some vehicles are not importable and/or require work to bring them into compliance with Canadian standards. I was told by my dealer that the US HHR SS model would need about $2000 or so in work if imported. Says it has something to do with the bumper structure and the padding and reinforcement stuff, similar to the differences between the Canada and American 2008 Corvette's.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:55 AM

The registrar of imported vehicles currently does not have the HHR SS in the excluded column but that could very well change in the near future if what my dealer told me is true.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
The registrar of imported vehicles currently does not have the HHR SS in the excluded column but that could very well change in the near future if what my dealer told me is true.
That tells me that the HHR SS is permitted to be imported. I'm still interested in a Panel LT as an import because the Canadian price for a new one is excessive. The better bet for me is a good used one for importing but there aren't many around yet. There seem to be no HHR SS models on the market used. But as the months tick by this will change especially if the USA slides into recession and people who bought on the never never lose their jobs.