General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Can't get one

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:34 PM

Can't get one

I ordered my HHR SS panel on July 4 2008 and still don't have it. The bad thing is I have parts waiting in the shop and no HHR to put them on. This has been a real cluster buck. Does anyone know how to apply presure to GM? You would think they need the sales...........
Old 03-08-2009, 09:52 PM

Well, they already sold it to you....

SS is a low volume model, and GM has been cutting back on production across the board...
Old 03-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Being built

Originally Posted by jellis
I ordered my HHR SS panel on July 4 2008 and still don't have it. The bad thing is I have parts waiting in the shop and no HHR to put them on. This has been a real cluster buck. Does anyone know how to apply presure to GM? You would think they need the sales...........
Check with your dealer, I've been waiting since 7/28/08 and as of this week have a 3300 build code and a build week of 3/16, for a Red panel,
5sp, RPD, brembos, 7 speaker sound and sunroof. Hope that helps and check out the threads under HHR SS, for more help if needed.
Where in the Northwest are you?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 PM

rental car

if it is like someone posted , that you have already bought it. then i would think that they would at least give a rental car , since you have also bought a warantee.i wouldn't buy anything without a definate delivery date , and after that date they would be paying me for it.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 AM

GM has a bigger fish to fry right now so their is little you can do to get this truck.

What I would do is speak to the dealer and see if you can pick one up in a dealer trade. There are a few panels on the web. You may have to accept some different options or color but at least you would have you HHR SS.

As it is I expect more plant closings due to large inventories so if you do not have a build date you might consider some changes if you want it sooner.

Also if you want just a window SS they are everywhere and you could have is in a matter of a day or two.

With so few SS built and the plant shut downs it may be a little longer.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 AM
JLS

Originally Posted by jellis
Yikes! This is one of the reason's I'm holding out on getting an HHR SS...I'd really like to order one, but this doesn't instill much confidence.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by JLS
Yikes! This is one of the reason's I'm holding out on getting an HHR SS...I'd really like to order one, but this doesn't instill much confidence.
Is there some special combo you need? Most options and color are available in the regular SS's sitting on dealer lots including the perfromance option.

I could understand ordering a panel since there are few but any other they are out there.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 PM

The problem is the Chevy Dealer is a close friend so I can't ***** to much. SO I will wait on my HHR SS Panel.
HHR Panel SS 2009
uaf Reconfigurable performance display
j56 SS Performance Package featuring Brembo four-piston front brake calipers and limited-slip differential
Available rear backup camera
uq3 Pioneer premium 7 speaker sys
uu1 AM/FM stereo with CD, with USB port and AUX input jack
F35 five-speed manual
ae4 seats with c preium trim ( GM performance Division)
19c ebony interior
41u black exterior

sitting in the shop
CGS cat back exhaust
KN replacement filter (can't find any cold air systems)
HHR stage kit 19212670 for the 2009
black ss and Chevy coverup decals
hitch which has been drilled with 2" lighting holes

Yes I will tow an alumium trailer at 350 lbs to carry kite buggy and land sailor gear (total 185lb) I sell at my shop Kite Buggy Speed Shop.com
Old 03-10-2009, 12:24 AM

The rear camera is whats going to hold your order up, its not available as yet
Old 03-10-2009, 12:28 AM

I wonder why it was not listed on my pricing summary sheet. Hopefully I won't get a camera but a whole HHR. LOL