General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

cargo net/stupid question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by bgnoz
ohhhh no way, that is how it works....lol. i must take a pic and show you how this bgnozdude has been using it...lol...
thanks Deb, you rock!!!

The Bgnozdude
When I hooked mine up to begin with...it certainly didn't look like that picture either. I don't use mine much, so it's in the little compartments behind the rear seats, but I'm sure when I travel, it would come in quite handy. Looking forward to your picture...sounds like a hoot.

You're more than welcome Bgnozdude...we're here to help and learn from others. That's why this is such a great group.

And then there's Sindy....who's always Sindy on-the-spot. Thanks for merging the threads. I always try to post a link when I know there is something similar and she's right on top of getting them together. Thanks Sindy.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:39 AM

I don't know about you guys but I think the cargo net is pretty worthless. If I put something in it is swings back and forth while driving and hits against the back door. If it weren't so close to the door it might be worthwhile but I just took it back down and threw it back under the cover.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Songman
I don't know about you guys but I think the cargo net is pretty worthless. If I put something in it is swings back and forth while driving and hits against the back door. If it weren't so close to the door it might be worthwhile but I just took it back down and threw it back under the cover.
I use my net as a tie down and place everything under it. I use the four loops on the floor of the cargo area. 2 on eithers ide of the tailgate (floor) and 2 on either side if the back seat (floor). works very slick! lay the net flat on the floor and see what I mean.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:05 PM

I was hoping someone else read the owner's manual like I did. I thought spreading the cargo net out like 1HHR described would help to hold down all those plastic bags they give at Wal-Mart but I haven't tried it yet. I tend to take the old car to busy parking lots. That first door ding is always heartwrenching!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:04 PM

thare are actually a lot of different ways to hook it. I have the cargo deck in the upper position and seats down with some old curtains velcro'd to front blocking contents. the cargo net actually is located above the cargo deck still. I also got another cargo net off of ebay and really makes for alternate hook ups.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:58 PM

So what is the velcro straps for?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:09 PM

I believe I read somewhere that they are to be used in conjuction with child safety seats and the little thingies in the small compartments behind the rear seats.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 AM

The velcro straps that are with the spare tire are used for holdong down the flat during transportation.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
each side has 3 clips, there is a loop for the bottom clip and it is the only one in the middle which makes it the bottom
you will see one for bottom and 2 for the top
pics here

LOL, I was putting all 3 clips in the side hooks. It worked, but I think I'll put the bottom clips where they belong. That'll keep the net from swinging. Thanks for the pics.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Songman

I'll admit the damn thing sits a bit close to the hatch so you have to situate things so they don’t get in the way of the door closing, but I prefer putting the groceries and other items of the nature in the net so when I slam on the breaks they don’t come a visiting me in the front seat.

Quick Reply: cargo net/stupid question