General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Clutch go down, don't engage and liking on reservoir brake

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 05:50 PM

thanks, today I find out and see where have to connect, in this picture shows the part, according to the diagram from RJ_RS_SS_350 attached the number 4 is a plugin in the number 3, that was the issue in my car, so now I need to find out where is connected the number 3, could be to the clutch and how tight the number 4 and find out why happens that... but at least we find out where to have to connect.
could be the master cylinder?, because the car engages the first gear or any gear if is off, if put the key and on, not engage any gear

Old 08-05-2022, 06:54 PM

I believe there's a C-clip that holds the line into the receiver of the slave.It takes pressure to get it in correctly.
Old 08-05-2022, 07:24 PM

Maybe it's not RTV? What is that red stuff, Tomas? Is it rust?
Old 08-05-2022, 07:26 PM

Somebody has really messed the part in the bottom picture up! They broke it then put Gorilla Glue in it to try to seal it.
The connectors have built in locking mechanisms that the previous person just broke instead of doing it correctly.

I believe you push the 2 bits marked red in and pull the tube out.

Last edited by donbrew; 08-05-2022 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:40 PM

yes I believe that the ex owner or a mechanic did that, because I never touch that parts, could be with the years the glue melted or broken , so would like to do now is reconnect and buy a c clip, refill the brake fluid and bleed the brake and clutch and test if is ok, If not then I will replace the part # 4, #3 and #14.
Thanks to everybody help me with this issue.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:08 PM

yes I believe that, I will need to find that clip retainer like this in the picture and reconnect and test after, bleeding brake.
This is picture is from cobalt SS

Last edited by tomasorta; 08-05-2022 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by tomasorta
…because the car engages the first gear or any gear if is off, if put the key and on, not engage any gear
That is normal when the clutch throwout mechanism is broken and there is nothing to disengage the clutch.

Be assured that it is not a criticism to say that you need help with this because even if you can repair the tube connection you still will need help bleeding the fluid.
Old 08-06-2022, 03:01 PM

It's time for HHR repair! Aka Vin Scully it's time for Dodger baseball tomasorta aka Tommy Lasorda?

You are on the right track either a missing clip and or broken connector plastics which won't allow the proper connection and security. The source of the problem you've located. Now what to do?

Could try a redo of the MacGyver method with a epoxy of your choice and bleed the clutch and see what happens.

For best results research on rockauto and find the parts you need. Order those in while you go about a hack repair and see if you get lucky.
If it works great. Now you got the parts ready for the next break down. You have to ask the ? am I capable of this sort of mechanical processes.
Oh btw AAA maybe too. Good luck
Old 08-06-2022, 03:24 PM

you are right, now I saw the issues was ththe retainer clip for clutch hydraulic hose, was rust and came off in that way pufff!!, was disconnected. but the problem now is to find the retainer clip , I didn't find it online, even in CAPS store here in Canada, even in Dorman website, so I will need to buy a brand new clutch master cylinder due to the retainer clip. after I will need to bleed the clutch(other tasks) and maybe bleeding the brake( I have the vacuum for that in my garage, I did that before).
thanks you woodys and pulp and everybody for your suport
Old 08-06-2022, 04:43 PM

And the hose, that one is nasty. They're not expensive.

Quick Reply: Clutch go down, don't engage and liking on reservoir brake