General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Color percentages on HHR's....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:37 PM

Question Color percentages on HHR's....

Here is a question for y'all - I wonder what colors in HHR's are the most prevalent, and what is the breakdown in percentages?

When I was looking for mine in the used cars online, I searched for three weeks. I wanted bright blue, dark blue or gold, in that order. I also liked white as a distant fourth place. I was also wanted a 2.4 liter. After three weeks, I noticed that I saw a TON of silver ones, a bunch of black ones, a bunch of charcoal, quite a bit of various reds/burgundy's, and some in white. Copper-orange, purple, gold and blue were almost non-existent. That leads me to think that silver and black lead by a long shot, and that is confirmed by what I see on the road.

I ended up with such a good deal on a used '09 from Kenly Chevrolet (North Carolina), that I bought a white one, and I love it. My eye is still caught by pretty bright blue HHR's. It's like having a fine looking and cheerful wife, and then Catherine Zeta-Jones walks by. ;-) You cannot help but admire that.

Interestingly enough, I see a good number of blue ones on the road. Either folks don't sell the blue ones, or rental companies don't buy blue ones, as they aren't on the internet used.

Any thoughts? God Bless, Marc
Old 08-18-2009, 05:54 PM

My '08 LS is Dark Silver Metallic AKA Charcoal
Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM

Here is a non-scientific poll that you might find interesting if you haven't seen it.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:12 PM

Thanks for posting that, Fred!

But I agree--I built and rebuilt my HHR for over 2 years and always in Imperial Blue Metallic. I LOVE that blue. In 07, my dealer searched high and low for the IBM 2LT with no luck, so I finally just started to order one (an 08).

And as it goes, the black beauty they had all tricked out on the stands out front kept calling my name...shiny, sunroof, chromed out, 2LT, 4th choice color...couldn't get half the options on an 08 IBM that my 07 Blackie had for the price. And when I took him for a spin...all I said was where do I sign?

LOVE my Blackie, but still look longingly at that IBM when I see one...

I do see a lot of black ones mainly, but none as pretty as mine (except UMA of course).

@
Old 08-18-2009, 07:24 PM

I see more grey than any other color.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:51 PM

Regarding the "non-scientific poll", I think the "BLUE" listed encompasses three colors. I guess red would too. My guess is that blue is more represented by "gearheads" here on the forums, but the general public probably buys less percentage wise? Also, I notice that neither gold (true gold and metallic beige) is covered at all. I am very surpised to see black way ahead of silver, but then, black is a painful choice here in the South. It looks way cool, but do you really want to sizzle all summer....? God Bless, Marc
Old 08-18-2009, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Marcruger
Regarding the "non-scientific poll", I think the "BLUE" listed encompasses three colors. I guess red would too. My guess is that blue is more represented by "gearheads" here on the forums, but the general public probably buys less percentage wise? Also, I notice that neither gold (true gold and metallic beige) is covered at all. I am very surpised to see black way ahead of silver, but then, black is a painful choice here in the South. It looks way cool, but do you really want to sizzle all summer....? God Bless, Marc
I think since the poll was from '06, the color choices are different--some no longer exist and others have different names or are totally different. For instance, there were 2 different silvers 06 and 07 that were gone by 08 to be replaced by different silvers.

fwiw, i live in SoCal--the land of perpetual sunshine. The weekend I bought Blackie, Labor Day it was over 110F most days--personally, I've never had a problem with the black and heat (but I know you have humidity!). And black is the most common color I see here.

I would still take an imperial blue metallic any day.

@
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 PM

We need a new poll.....

Remembering that I own a white one, I still think shined-up black adds $10k to the look of a car. :-)

How do you do a poll? I think we need to do an updated one with all of the colors from the last four years.

Those blue ones are head turners for sure........(sigh). God Bless, Marc
Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 PM

I'll tell ya, After a clay bar treatment , and a wax job, my black SS looks like a million bucks.
For about 20 hrs. Blacks a Beeich to keep clean, but i would'nt have it any other way !
Old 08-18-2009, 08:18 PM

I agree on the "million bucks" part. This is the part where the guys with black ones post lot of photos......

After polishing up my white 2LT this last weekend, a lady friend of mine looked at it and said, "It looks like a marshmallow." Uh-oh. I better get more chrome. ;-) God Bless, Marc

Quick Reply: Color percentages on HHR's....