General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Color percentages on HHR's....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 PM

08 numbers are

Silver 16%
Black 14%
White 14%
Vic Red 11%
Jewel met 10%
Gray 9%
Imp Blue 6%
Myst Blue 4%
Carbon Flash Met 1.5%
Cashmere Met 8%
Sunburst 7%

These numbers are rounded up or down to the neatest percentage.

I think this will cover most years with a change out on some of the special colors that are a lower percentage.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Marcruger
I agree on the "million bucks" part. This is the part where the guys with black ones post lot of photos......

After polishing up my white 2LT this last weekend, a lady friend of mine looked at it and said, "It looks like a marshmallow." Uh-oh. I better get more chrome. ;-) God Bless, Marc
Hey Marc, not to brag--ok, I'll brag, my Blackie is the August HHR of the month if you want to see some pix! And, to be honest, I don't work as hard for that shine as you think (I'm not a guy, btw)

Every few months, I do a claybar/wax. And because I have no garage, a good wipe down every day and a detail on the weekends, and my baby sparkles like that all the time.

As for marshmallow, hmmm, can't help you there!

post pix!

@
Old 08-18-2009, 10:44 PM

I see more silver or whites in my area vs black or any other color. Heck I seen more orange than black. I had a black car before this HHR and I got to say I have tennis elbow from all the elbow grease to keep it black for 8 years. I loved the car clean, but after a day it looked like it was filthy.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 PM

Ya I didnt want black. We were looking at a 2LT in aqua blue metalic and bright red was our 2nd choice. Then we said what the heck lets just get the SS and local lots only had black and red. Neither red ones had a sunroof and that was a must have so black it was. Black sucks to keep clean, I wash it every weekend and it is garage kept, but looks so dirty w/ in 24 hrs. S

So for those of you that wipe it daily how do you avoid rubbing dirt/grit across the paint and getting fine scratches/swirls??
Old 08-19-2009, 12:47 AM

I had a 1971 Firebird Formula 455-HO back in 75 & 76, when I cracked it up drag racing, I took advantage of the total amount of work to squeeze in a black laquer paint job. I was working part time at a garage and could wash the car almost every day and it needed it..... Great when it was clean.... However that would only last till the next morning....

When I bought my HHR 2LT, the only one they had was white.... While I hated buying another white car, it just makes a lot of sense where I am in life right now.... I've had it 2 1/2 weeks and it still looks clean from the wash the dealer gave it.... Another consideration is temperature... It's been near or over 100 every day almost here in Roseville... Having a beige interior helps too.... Most of my rides are 10 minutes long at the most, it stinks when you have to wait 5 minutes or more for the car to cool down inside.....

While I've learned to accept white.... I still love black.......

Fred
Old 08-19-2009, 05:25 AM

My apologies afs9 for the earlier faux-pas. :-)

It is interesting what colors folks are seeing in their region. I am enjoying this thread.

White was my "fallback" choice, and I've had two white ones in the past. Oddly, when I have told folks that I wanted a bright blue one (non HHR owners), they have responded negatively. Maybe they are just trying to reinforce my purchase decision.

God Bless, Marc
Old 08-19-2009, 06:58 AM

My '06 is dark grey. In Florida, you don't want a dark car unless you want to roast. I've had black cars that did shine up really great, but a PITA to keep clean.

I keep looking for a silver ice HHR and they seem to be non existant around here, at least ones optioned as a LT1 with a 2.4L engine.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 AM

2008 2LT Blue Flash Metallic
I just bought it Monday. Not a color I would actively seek out but it is growing on me.
The local dealers all seem to have several Crystal Red Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White and Black. Mine is the only Blue Flash I have seen.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:23 AM

Love my Daytona Blue.....
Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 AM

Black is bad!

When I first started looking for an HHR of my own, I really wanted the Imperial Blue Metallic color. This color reminded me of my old '67 Camaro with it's midnight blue color. 2nd choice would probably be Sunburst Orange. I wanted a fancy color. The more I looked, the more I wanted a Panel version HHR. This narrowed my color choice down quite a bit. I saw mostly white Panels, some silver ones. No cool colors. I settled on the black because it was the best deal closest to my home & black is bad to the bone.

Quick Reply: Color percentages on HHR's....