General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

A Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 05:47 PM

A Comparison

hey guys im new here and am purchasing my first car

my current choices are

an hhr

or a

tiburon

now granted they are on opposite sides of the spectrum but could you guys just tell me about your cars why you like or dislike your car and thoes sorts of things. i really appriciate it.

thanks in advanced

-lynus
Old 02-03-2007, 06:27 PM

Name:  af67ea7d.gif
Views: 20
Size:  4.6 KB Well like you said they are at opposite sides of the spectrum. My last car was a Chrysler Crossfire. So compared to that I like the price, the space, the fuel economy, and the service costs. There are a few ergonomic things I dislike such as placement of the window controls and the door locks that stick up even when locked. Obviously, if you look around the threads you'll find that the running boards are a must to keep the rear fender from getting screwed up. Since this is your first car and I don't know your age you might want to check insurance quotes to compare the differences. Most likely the Tiburon is going to have a higher premium. However it does come with a 10 yr warranty. What are your expectations out of this car?
Old 02-03-2007, 06:48 PM

well im 16 and my parents are taking care of the insurance while my job is to pay for the car. and i have the cash. now i went out today and really checked out the car i'm just curious if theres anything that usually goes wrong with these cars, how long it will last, and if you had the choice which would you shoot for. im a little apprehensive about this car just because i dont know much about it. i know that the tiburon is a good car both of my brothers have one and the dealership always takes care of any problems they may have. so in short what usually goes wrong with these cars
Old 02-03-2007, 06:57 PM

You can see what other people have had issues with in the Problems/Service Issues threads. I think you will find more problems with the 2006's than the 2007's as 2006 was the first year. I have had no issues with mine other than stone chips. I would imagine most 16 yr olds would prefer the Tiburon. They are cramped though and you could easily carry around friends and stuff in the HHR. If you were to get a Tibby would it be the 4 cyl. or the 6?
Old 02-03-2007, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
You can see what other people have had issues with in the Problems/Service Issues threads. I think you will find more problems with the 2006's than the 2007's as 2006 was the first year. I have had no issues with mine other than stone chips. I would imagine most 16 yr olds would prefer the Tiburon. They are cramped though and you could easily carry around friends and stuff in the HHR. If you were to get a Tibby would it be the 4 cyl. or the 6?

it would be a 4 and im really leaning to the tib because its just yeah,but i'm a gigging musician and it would be nice to be able to carry around my gear with ease
Old 02-03-2007, 07:29 PM

to carry your gear get a HHR Panel, it only has 2 seats but tons of room, but if not just get a regular HHR, I would get the 2LT with the 2.4 its a must! They have intakes, and other products from SocalHHRs.com! I would get the HHR, I wanted a Tib before but now I am getting a Jetta. Hope this helps !
Old 02-03-2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by lynus
it would be a 4 and im really leaning to the tib because its just yeah,but i'm a gigging musician and it would be nice to be able to carry around my gear with ease
If you gig a lot, go for the HHR by far; you can get tons of stuff in there for sure.
Here's a set of large studio monitors I hauled home:

BTW: I'm in Murrieta and have a slammin' full custom HHR for sale (we're getting a new panel version to mod for next year), and I am letting it go for just $17k.

You can see pics and details about the customization HERE.

It currently has only 13,500 miles on it.

Being in Riverside, you're just a skip away from us!
Old 02-04-2007, 05:18 PM

One thing to think about is the number of tickets you can afford. I'm sure you'll be much more of a target in the Tiburon. While many wish the HHR had a bigger engine, I think it has plenty of power whether you're taking off from a stop light or passing doing 80 on the interstate. It's never failed to respond when I asked it to. If you have the time and the money, there are so many options for customizing the HHR, especially the new panel version. It holds a ton of cargo and can easily haul a kayak or surf board on the roof. Plus, the back seat is much more comfortable than the Tiburon. Your friends will like that!
Old 02-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
to carry your gear get a HHR Panel, it only has 2 seats but tons of room, but if not just get a regular HHR, I would get the 2LT with the 2.4 its a must! They have intakes, and other products from SocalHHRs.com! I would get the HHR, I wanted a Tib before but now I am getting a Jetta. Hope this helps !
Why would you say that the 2.4 is a must? I like my 2.2 just fine and I don't have to buy premium gas like the 2.4 manual suggests.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Just becaue If he wanted the extra HP, you dont need to use Premium.

Quick Reply: A Comparison