General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Crunch got me

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:33 AM

Angry Crunch got me

A blew through a red light eating a Big Mac. I swerved and slammed on the brakes. I got stopped and just as I started to say "Phew dodged that one"" WHAP! I got side swiped. I got a good look at the Mac eater, but he fled the scene... after I got his license plate number and description. Of which were given to the Police. The police officer said the Mac eater would be charged with causing the accident. Still waiting for the report. Insurance is going after the Mac eater.

The worst of it is that I was coming home from the car wash.

They are going to get my car back to me tomorrow night. They're not sure if they will be able to get the wheel by then, it got scratched up pretty good. Seems they cannot find one. At $600 each, I know what I'm selling next time I need a fill up.

-JJ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-18-2008, 02:00 AM

that sucks dude
Old 04-18-2008, 05:04 AM

A Mack Attack, I hate it!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:51 AM
jx3

Not only does that suck but it BITES as well!!!

Mac eater is only going to be charged w/ "causing and accident", what about "fleeing the see of an accident" ........aka "hit and run"?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:47 AM

Not sure about the fleeing the scene of an accident. The officer said he would be getting a couple of tickets. The officer said "no" on the hit and run, since no one made contact with the the Maceater.

One thing I didn't have, and have since corrected, is a little disposable camera in the car. I have a new cell phone and couldn't figure out how to take pictures. Plus digital pictures are not admissible, to easy to alter. For $3.00 at Walgreens, I now have a disposable camera in my glove box. Should be good for a year. Nor did I have an accident form to fill out. One of the things I do in my job is walk driver through the accident process.... so all that experience did help me out.

-JJ
Old 04-18-2008, 08:27 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by JJ_HHR
The officer said "no" on the hit and run, since no one made contact with the the Maceater.
So who side swiped you causing the damage?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 AM

I am #1, Mac eater is #2, sideswipe'r is #3

#2 blew through a red light, #1 swerved and stopped. #3 side swiped #1. #2 fled scene.

Not sure why #3 ran into me. If I had been in #3, I would have stopped fearing #2 was going to be in front of me as well.

I've had to write up accidents as part of my job.

-JJ
Old 04-18-2008, 09:10 AM

<snip>

One thing I didn't have, and have since corrected, is a little disposable camera in the car. I have a new cell phone and couldn't figure out how to take pictures. Plus digital pictures are not admissible, to easy to alter. For $3.00 at Walgreens, I now have a disposable camera in my glove box. Should be good for a year. Nor did I have an accident form to fill out. One of the things I do in my job is walk driver through the accident process.... so all that experience did help me out.

-JJ
First off--DANG! Sorry your black beauty got hurt--but you are ok! We can replace the car...

So I can't use my cell phone camera for accident pix if I need some?? Or is this a WA state law? I don't carry my camera with me, but do get good pix with my smartphone's digital.

Interesting...
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 AM
jx3

I am #1, Mac eater is #2, sideswipe'r is #3

#2 blew through a red light, #1 swerved and stopped. #3 side swiped #1. #2 fled scene.
So #3's insurance is responsible for #1, correct? And then it's up to #3 to go after #2.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 AM

See the other post, I may be in error regarding the admissibility of a digital photo.

Not sure how the insurance is going to work out. The police said #2 is at fault, therefore it goes against his insurance. My insurance is waiting for the police report. Guess I'll wait and see how the whole insurance thing works out.

I was in a fender bender about 18 years ago. My car was sideswiped while it was parked in a loading zone. The person that hit me said since I was not a truck, I could not park in the loading zone and therefore it was my fault. It took about 18 months for that one to shake out.

I think I'll just quit stopping.

-JJ

Quick Reply: Crunch got me