General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Crusin main

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 PM

Crusin main

Growing up in the 50s and 60s in small towns. crusin town was our fun. We still live in a small town and spend time crusin main and center. Things have changed a lot and it seems that even the hot rodders don't want to take their cars out for a little crusin. Just wondering if there is still cruins going on in small town USA?
Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 PM

Those were the dayz......Draggin main all night long..in my 63 Impala SS with a 400 small block and 400 turbo...Seems the price of gas, and the local cops have just about put a stop to all that fun.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM

in my town, if you pass the same spot 3 times, you're breaking the law. Downtown anyway... they do organize an impromptu park and look kind of thing on Broadway. I should figure out when that is and take the SS down there.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 AM

I our part of Ohio evey night you can sit in a parking lot listening to a DJ and see the same cars over and over. The people sit there in reproduction 1932 street rods built in 2005 and then try to keep out anything newer than 25 years old.

It is kind of pathetic but better than nothing I guerss.

We used to drive and go to a plaza parking lot or one of the small towns and drive. We exluded no one.

I see this dying down as they die off when you exclude the younger kids because you don't like their cars who is going to replace you when you are gone? I could afford the Muscle cars when I was younger and the others the same. I think they forget they once were the kids the older people hated too.

I am not an import fan but understand they can't afford to build a $50,000 street rod or or old muscle car. Some do a nice job with what they have to work with. If they follow the rules and do not make a pest of themselves they should be permitted in.

30 years ago we excluded no one and tried to respect each other. The racing was in a isolateds place to keep the problems away.

I used to not be able to wait to go to the cruise in's but anymore I only go once in a while as it is a big crowed but it is just the same people reliving s fantasy over and over.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Uhh...

Woodward DreamCruise.

Gratiot Cruise.

Downriver Cruise.

Telegraph Cruise

Harper Cruise

And several local bars holding cruise nights.

Sometimes it's good to be around Detroit.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor

no cruise nights??here we have local bars/rest host small show and shines..its great for buisness..50/50 draws..goofy contests..its all family fun..we have one every day of the week in different townships..cruise in groups..BEHAVE and no problems..cops luv us..MISBEHAVE and bring in sum revenue for the locals..are US COPS that bad??I know they hate truckers but no cruisin??3 laps around??whats this world comin too??
Old 05-03-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by mongo
Uhh...

Woodward DreamCruise.

Gratiot Cruise.

Downriver Cruise.

Telegraph Cruise

Harper Cruise

And several local bars holding cruise nights.

Sometimes it's good to be around Detroit.
Long as you got bullet proof glass I guess.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Southeast Michigan is not ALL Detroit.

And not ALL of Detroit is that bad.

Every major city has it's areas you don't go- Detroit is no exception.

Detroit's biggest problem is that it is crumbling, there are almost as many abandoned buildings as occupied ones.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 PM

One more reason i'd never live in a big city,,,not for a million bucks...Houston is 200 miles north of me,,almost to close.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:43 AM

Reno and Sparks, NV have cruises during Hot August Nights. It is the first weekend in August. They do keep it limited to classics though.

Quick Reply: Crusin main