General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Cupholder in rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:12 PM

Thanks for all the input.

I just went to Wal-Mart and looked for the cupholders. Unfortunately I may have to wait and see what they have in the States this summer. The only cupholders they have up here are the hard plastic mounts that go between the seats. I also checked out Canadian Tire, same thing.

I am debating the DVD player....don't know whether to just get the portable dual sets and put one behind each headrest, or go with the installed ceiling version. Best Buy has the ceiling mount screen (10.2") on sale installed for $954. I like the big screen but it would take about 3" of head room - not that it would be an issue.

I guess I am just a bit nervous of having someone cut a hole in my ceiling to install it. Has anyone gone this route? Did the ceiling suffer any damage or did it look factory installed?
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM

This belong to Jesse. You can send him a PM and see how he likes his
Old 04-30-2007, 03:01 PM

I've got to beleive that having a DVD player hanging from the center of the roof would interfere with the ability to see out the rear view mirror. I'd go with the seat mounted ones to save money and the ability to see behind me. It's funny how a thread about cupholders has become a thread about dvd players. I beleive that thread hijacking is also illegal in New York.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Work4crown
I've got to beleive that having a DVD player hanging from the center of the roof would interfere with the ability to see out the rear view mirror. I'd go with the seat mounted ones to save money and the ability to see behind me. It's funny how a thread about cupholders has become a thread about dvd players. I beleive that thread hijacking is also illegal in New York.
The rear view mirror in many states is not mandatory unless you only have one or no side mirrors. That said...it wouldn't bother me to have the player hanging from the ceiling. I don't like the front installed ones or the radio ones. I believe they are illegal here in WA. We have laws against cell phone use just like NY. Bad thing...it is a second offense law right now.

As far as the cupholders...my mom won't buy an HHR (which she loves) because it doesn't have enough cupholders...lol. My daughter has to be in a booster seat still, and they have cupholders on them. I only allow water and crackers in the car. Anything else is not allowed....I already have a stain from the boy I used to babysit walking across the seats with mud on his shoes...grrrr.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Work4crown
It's funny how a thread about cupholders has become a thread about dvd players. I beleive that thread hijacking is also illegal in New York.
I dont think it can be called hijacking a thread if the person who started the thread changed the subject

Originally Posted by HHRDreaming
Thanks for all the input.

I just went to Wal-Mart and looked for the cupholders. Unfortunately I may have to wait and see what they have in the States this summer. The only cupholders they have up here are the hard plastic mounts that go between the seats. I also checked out Canadian Tire, same thing.

I am debating the DVD player....don't know whether to just get the portable dual sets and put one behind each headrest, or go with the installed ceiling version. Best Buy has the ceiling mount screen (10.2") on sale installed for $954. I like the big screen but it would take about 3" of head room - not that it would be an issue.

I guess I am just a bit nervous of having someone cut a hole in my ceiling to install it. Has anyone gone this route? Did the ceiling suffer any damage or did it look factory installed?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:09 PM

Didn't mean to "hijack" the thread. Got off topic when we talked about installing cupholders on the back of the seat as I had thought about putting the DVD player there.

I just found the right thread for audio questions.

Thanks for the information everyone.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Wouldn't this be illegal while driving?
Illegal in more than one way..it also blocks the vision of the driver and that's illegal in many states as well.... same as hanging a bunch of crap from the rearview mirror..anything that blocks the outside front vision of the driver is illegal...and dangerous... why put your family at risk?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by CameraCrew
Illegal in more than one way..it also blocks the vision of the driver and that's illegal in many states as well.... same as hanging a bunch of crap from the rearview mirror..anything that blocks the outside front vision of the driver is illegal...and dangerous... why put your family at risk?
Ed your preaching to the choir.
A lot of people do not care about the laws.
They are going to do whatever they want to do as long as they are enjoying themselves.
I have heard people tell me they don't care what the law says they are going to do it because they like it that way or it looks good.
Or they say they have a right to drive like they want to. No they do not It's a privilege to drive not a right.
That's why the Judge says suspend your driving privileges.

Alan
Old 05-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by dbarberaz

Hmmm, Looks a lot like my seat covers, dark grey.. Wally World... They are not bad and give a three tone to the interior... Oh and protect the seats.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:59 AM

Plenty of new vehicles come with a flip-down LCD screens on the headliner, so it must be legal. I have a large one I installed on my Suburban and yes it does hamper vision out the rear. But I also don't see out the rear when I tow my 33' travel trailer either. Properly adjusted outside mirrors will allow you to see what is necessary. BTW, I installed a backup camera in my Suburban tailgate that shows the rear view on a small in-dash LCD screen. This is mostly for hitching purposes, but it works good to provide a view when the flip-down screen is down.

Now having the driver watching an LCD screen is another matter.

Steve

Quick Reply: Cupholder in rear