General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

damn uncomfortable seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Rest In Peace

My 08' 2LT Panel came with the ebony cloth seats with the power drivers seat.
Felt ok to me, wish the power adjustments were like the older GM cars. Seemed to have more or better adjustments. I don't like how the seat does not tilt back, instead it just lifts the front of the seat under your thighs behind your knees, thats Not a tilt back seat to me.

I now installed Black Leather seats and they seem to be a FIRMER seat, almost Stiff in the padding, and they sit Higher than the cloth seats.

I liked sitting Lower overall with the cloth seats, but like the All Black of the leather. Power adjustments are the same as with the cloth seats, not real adjustable like power seats in years past.

I havent taken my Panel out for a long ride since installing the Leather, so I can't say if higher and stiffer are comfortable or not on a long trip.

Maybe my leather seats came from a low milage total, and will break in a bit and I'll sit lower, but my cloth seats only had 22,000 miles on them.

They ain't old Comfy Cadillac seats thats for sure.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Seat comfort

I found that my legs (just above the knees) weren't being supported quite enough. Soooo, I raised the front of the driver's seat brackets about one inch. Made a BIG difference...
I have the lumbar setting about 1/2 way.
Mo
Old 03-22-2011, 05:26 PM

I think the seats are hella comfortable, but my complaint is that with the driver seat all the way down, my head is still nearly touching the ceiling ( and I'm only 6' tall)
Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 PM

No complaints here....... Seats are just the right firmness for me.... I can't handle "soft".
Old 03-22-2011, 06:36 PM

I have the two pefromance seats and I love them. It took me a while till I found where I liked them but now I am good. I just wish the wheel would telescope out as if my legs were just a little longer it would be a problem.

My seats are firm but supportive and comfortable. That is all I need. Adj the lumbar once in a while on a trip and I am golden.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 PM

OUr seats are base, manual adjust black cloth. There is no lumbar adjustment, and the front of the seat will not raise or lower. The back of the seat will raise up to dump you out, though.

I have no complaints about the back, but the flat level, unpadded seat puts my legs to sleap after about 50miles and the passenger seat has the same problem.

Do the power seats raise in the front or tilt?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:03 PM

I'd love to replace the front seats with leather ones for a bit more comfort and cushioning.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by creighta
OUr seats are base, manual adjust black cloth. There is no lumbar adjustment, and the front of the seat will not raise or lower. The back of the seat will raise up to dump you out, though.

I have no complaints about the back, but the flat level, unpadded seat puts my legs to sleap after about 50miles and the passenger seat has the same problem.

Do the power seats raise in the front or tilt?
Yes the driver side (only) power seat does raise in front.
8 way power IIRC..

Suggestion: Remove the 2 front seat bolts, & add washers under the front seat legs to suit you needs & bolt it back down..
Making sure you still have plenty of threads holding the seat down in front.

I have done this in many various rides in the past that had no power.. Works great & washers cost only pennies..
Old 03-22-2011, 10:44 PM

Sleeper,
It's not just a matter of 'adding washers' to the front of the seat. The front is held in by two 'hooks' into the floor, not bolts. It's been so long since I changed mine that I can't even remember how I 'reattached' mine. I think I made four new hooks, and bolted a 5/16" bolt through 'em??? I'll check in the AM and get back with more info.
Mo
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member

Mo- Thanks for the 411.. (my bad).. I have never checked the fronts, I know the rear legs have bolts..

Quick Reply: damn uncomfortable seats