General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Daytime Running HEADlights Question...not amber TURNSIGNAL lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:48 AM

Question Daytime Running HEADlights Question...

Does anyone know of a way to switch the daytime headlamps to daytime amber corner lamps?

I have seen plenty of HHR's around town where the daytime running lamps were the bright amber turn siganl lights. However my HHR's daytime running lamps are low-powered headlights. I've read the manual 3 times and there isnt a n option listed that says I can change it. I have a guy at the dealership doing some research as well.

Is this a 06-07 change? I'd really like to have the amber lights on instead of the headlights.

Any help? And btw, I'm a newbie, and its nice to be here.

Last edited by helhedded; 01-25-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Banned

First time I've heard of that. My parking/turn lights automatically turn on not my low beams. I would prefer it the other way myself.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:01 PM

when the low beams are on as the DRL is your dash and radio illuminated as well???
Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 PM

That was another change from the 06-07 model. Not sure why they changed it. Will be another thing that will make the 06 stand out a little more.

Not sure if you canchange yours to the 06 specs, or if Howdy can change his to headlights. I know it's mostly in the PCM and/or BCM.

Personally, I like the parking light look better. I've always hated DRL's. They were easily disconnected in my 96 truck (fuse).
Old 01-25-2007, 12:06 PM
jx3

My DRLs = signal light only, unless there is not enough light for the sensor, then the headlights come on.

You can always do it the old fashioned way.........
turn the DRLs off and then just turn on the parking lights.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:14 PM

There is a way to switch this but you have to modify your wiring. You would have to find the DRL power wire that goes out to the headlamp/turnsignal and just move it from the headlight to the corner marker bright wire, or vice-versa. I did this on a Honda Prelude, moved the DRL from headlight to Highbeam Turn Signal. Not hard just a pain if you don't know about wiring and electrical circuits. I completely re-wired the taillights on the Honda too. Its always fun to have something that no one else has got even if its something simple to set your car apart from the others.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:36 PM

First, to the site. I have an 07. DRL's are the low power (not low beam) headlight without the ambers. If you want the amber only on just turn your lights to parking lights. Problem solved.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:37 PM

thanks for all of the help. The guy at the dealership called me back and said the drl with the turn signals were a 05-06 feature.

Maybe someone will make a easy DIY tutorial and put it up on here.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
First, to the site. I have an 07. DRL's are the low power (not low beam) headlight. If you want the amber only on just turn your lights to parking lights. Problem solved.

Thanks. But that doesn't solve the problem. When the parking lights are on, they are considered low power compared to how bright they get when you actually turn the left or right signal on to flash. Also the lights that are on the bumper come on, as do the rear tail lights.
The drl's that are on the 05-06 models are the "flashing" brightness and that's what I want.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:22 PM

:twothumbs to this Site and Good luck with your new HHr, I have sent you a PM check it out, I hope it helps.

Z

Quick Reply: Daytime Running HEADlights Question...not amber TURNSIGNAL lights