General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Daytona Blue owners - do people comment on your color?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:06 AM

Daytona Blue owners - do people comment on your color?

I have gotten lots of comments so far . Many people (and even I see it in certain light) think the car looks really purple. Anyone else get this?

So far loving the HHR - great mileage and great ride.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:14 AM

It's a little strange that a first year color is being replaced already. Is the new blue more of a retro color? Does anybody have swatches of the new colors?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:44 AM

I just got a Daytona Blue HHR a couple weeks ago and just about everybody asks me if that's my purple car.... LOL fortunately there is a guy here at work that has a REAL purple truck and I can say.. no.. it's not purple ... just look at that truck over there... that's purple. LOL

I've noticed it looks more "purple-ish" when it's cloudy out. It looks nothing but blue when it's sunny.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:57 AM

I have never had the problem with it looking purple. It's Daytona Blue!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:00 AM

I agree. In less than direct sunlight, it appears to be more of a purple. But in sunlight, It is blue. I live in Kentucky, so people around here say it is Kentucky Wildcat Blue. BUT, I do love the color. It certainly gets people's attention. I've had mine three months and live in a small town, and right after I got it went to a restaurant and parked where I could see it from inside. LOTS of people did the walk a round.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:32 AM

i own a blue i call it burple
Old 05-15-2006, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by kodak_jack
It's a little strange that a first year color is being replaced already. Is the new blue more of a retro color? Does anybody have swatches of the new colors?
This was posted in the front page news.

Imperial Blue

Gold Teal Metallic
Old 05-15-2006, 11:18 AM

I've noticed the purple tint in different lighting settings as well. Regardless if it looks purple or the beautiful blue it really is, people generally love the color.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:51 PM

I had a '68 Firebird that was Seamist Green. It looked like silver/gray except under streetlights at night. After several policemen did long, slow looks at my registration at routine traffic stops and questioned the color of the vehicle -- I had NY plates but was in college in MA -- I had the color officially changed to gray on the registration for my own well-being and peace of mind.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:37 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Mr.Z-06
I have gotten lots of comments so far . Many people (and even I see it in certain light) think the car looks really purple. Anyone else get this?
Haven't received too many comments about the color, just general comments about it being A GREAT LOOKING RIDE!!!!

Originally Posted by KY Dave
In less than direct sunlight, it appears to be more of a purple. But in sunlight, It is blue.
Could be all the sunshine here in Fl., but mine has never appeared any kind of purple.

Originally Posted by NY HHR
I have never had the problem with it looking purple. It's Daytona Blue!
Mine has always looked BLUE AND ONLY BLUE!!

Quick Reply: Daytona Blue owners - do people comment on your color?