General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

De-chroming The Hhr

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 07:36 PM

Why?

Originally Posted by Holmes Hot Ride
DeChrome, That is a sure fire way to kill it as an HHR. The Chrome is what makes it what it is. The Nastalgia and Retro touch will disapear if that is done. Every one to their own tast but why would you want to do that? If you still want to do this try Krylon Plastic Paint in Black. Most of the chrome is Plastic anyway.
BECAUSE I CAN! NO MATTER WHAT SOMEONE DOES TO THEIR VEHICLE,IF IT DOES NOT TURN OUT WELL THEY CAN ALWAYS CHANGE IT AGAIN. I YOU DON'T TRY THINGS WE ALL RUN AROUND IN BLACK MODLE As. THANKS FOR THE INFO. I KNOW IT IS PLASTIC BUT IT FEELS LIKE AN OVERLAY. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAD TRIED TO REMOVE THE HANDLE COVERS OR MIRROR COVERS. THE LIFTGATE TRIM SEEMS LIKE IT WAS CHROMED COMPLETE,SO IT WILL BE PAINTED OR A NEW PIECE BUILT. SEEMS LIKE AN EASY PART TO REDO IN GLASS OR BILLET.... HOWS THE WEATHER IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:39 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I don't think you upset anyone. Welcome to the site also.
THANKS. I NEEDED THAT . I KNOW IT'S ALL IN GOOD FUN . ALWAYS WILLING TO TALK CARS. JUST LOOKIN FOR A PLACE TO GET INFO AND TALK HHR. BY TO WAY, I'M ORIGINALY FROM QUEENS NY. HAVE NOT RETURNED IN FOURTY YEARS. ROCHESTER IS A NICE CITY, WAS THERE A FEW YEARS AGO.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Banned

Thank you! I was born and raised here and don't have any plans of leaving any time soon.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:59 PM

Talking Ny

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Thank you! I was born and raised here and don't have any plans of leaving any time soon.
I THINK I WAS THERE AT THE WRONG TIME IN MY LIFE. I WILL RETURN! UP STATE ONLY. HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO YOU AND ALL
Old 12-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Banned

Same to you!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:51 PM

"DIDN'T MEAN TO UPSET YOU ALL."

I didn't see anything upsetting... LOL
Old 12-31-2005, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by BIG JIM WOODAM
BECAUSE I CAN! NO MATTER WHAT SOMEONE DOES TO THEIR VEHICLE,IF IT DOES NOT TURN OUT WELL THEY CAN ALWAYS CHANGE IT AGAIN. I YOU DON'T TRY THINGS WE ALL RUN AROUND IN BLACK MODLE As. THANKS FOR THE INFO. I KNOW IT IS PLASTIC BUT IT FEELS LIKE AN OVERLAY. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAD TRIED TO REMOVE THE HANDLE COVERS OR MIRROR COVERS. THE LIFTGATE TRIM SEEMS LIKE IT WAS CHROMED COMPLETE,SO IT WILL BE PAINTED OR A NEW PIECE BUILT. SEEMS LIKE AN EASY PART TO REDO IN GLASS OR BILLET.... HOWS THE WEATHER IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.
I think you can remove the mirror covers, but the handles are one piece. The back chrome, I am not sure. I remember some of the old panel wagons as a kid being painted over the chrome and the two tone fenders and bumpers. The truck was one color and the grill and bumpers were another color.

Wheather today was unusually warm. In the 60's. It was a beautiful sunny, clear day.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Banned

I like the idea Big Jim! I would love to paint my HHR flat black some day. Talk about old school. Do you like the shaved look? This is what I want to put on to replace my door handles:http://www.lafranceautoworks.com/. They are working on them for the HHR now.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:54 PM

That's totally wicked!
Old 12-31-2005, 10:03 PM
Banned

I love them! I can't wait for them to come out for the HHR. They are a little steep at $400 bucks each though.

Quick Reply: De-chroming The Hhr