General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Dealing with Service Departments

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:20 PM

Dealing with Service Departments

Is it just me or does it seem like whenever you ask the service dept a question about a problem with your HHR. Especially one of the common problems discussed almost daily here. It's always, "This is the first time we have heard of a problem like this." I live in the DFW area and I really do not think my car is the only one they have seen in their service department. My problem happens to be the infamous AC growl or whine. I did not tell them up front I knew about the TSB or anything. It would be refreshing if just once I heard "We've had a couple in here in the past with a similar noise. Let me check into it for you". Instead of just constant denial. I'm in my mid 40's and I wrench on my cars all the time. I trust my work over a strangers. Which is probably why I get so offended being treated like a dumbs@#$ when I go into a dealership.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:47 PM

I think this is part of the new GM....... They probably had a training course. Denial 101....
Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Frankly, I only had the "denial" excuse once and, in my opinion, it was legitamate......radio problems on an '06 2lt.....you know the popping issue. For the sunroof windscreen (which I repaired) and a/c growl they new exactly what it was and experienced it before.

Sometimes it's just the dealer's excuse or an explanation for a vehicles proposed/alleged integrity.

Even on my others cars I've not experienced poor excuses.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:02 AM

You're going to James Wood right? Not only have they not heard of it, they'll take a week to look up the TSB and then they will get some ham handed guy to do an abortion to install the fix.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:20 AM
geg

I am happy that I do not have these problems.
I have nowhere to call.
My problems I decided with your help, guys.
But!. For all the time, when I turned to the garages, I've never heard of the refusal or declaration of incompetence. Russian masters successfully repaired HHR despite the fact that many have not seen this car or when in their lives. In Yekaterinburg, only 4 HHR, in all of Russia are no more than 50 - 60 copies.
But this car is very simple and easy to repair. No doubt, no problems. Including reprogramming of the brain, engine repair and other processes.
Not to brag. But I'm sad about what a great car empire is a hostage to non-professionals.