General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

DIC - Message Center

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
@DaGrinch, I have read your post about your situation with your HHR. What model year do you have?

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Michelle,
I have a 2008 2LT.
Ironically, I had driven in snow/slush for almost 2 hours that morning and not once did I see the "Ice Possible" come on the display. Of course, I was busy driving and watching what the idiots were doing in front and around me. It wasn't until about 8 hrs later that the display came on. And then, to top it off, we stopped at a rest stop and when we started the car, the display said,"ssible". Yep, that's all, not the whole "Ice Possible", just those 6 letters. As I stated in my OP, the temp was about 35 degrees and I had the wipers on intermittent.
So, whatcha think?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:22 PM

In the Jetta I just had, once the outside temp read 39 It would flash 3 x's and a snow flake would light up to the left of it.. Warning you of icy conditions

But then again, it had an idiot light of a foot on a pedal to tell you you needed to press the break to take the car outta park
Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM

@DaGrinch, I have exhausted my resources. On page 3-51 of the 2008 HHR owner's manual, it reads that the "ice possible" message displays when the outside air temperature
is cold enough to create icy road conditions. Why the time delay in the computer sending this message to your DIC, unfortunately, I cannot say. I am not a technician to diagnose this for you, but if you feel that something is a miss with your HHR or if you had other things happen with this, talk with your local dealership about this. They should be able to put your mind at ease.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
@DaGrinch, I have exhausted my resources. On page 3-51 of the 2008 HHR owner's manual, it reads that the "ice possible" message displays when the outside air temperature
is cold enough to create icy road conditions. Why the time delay in the computer sending this message to your DIC, unfortunately, I cannot say. I am not a technician to diagnose this for you, but if you feel that something is a miss with your HHR or if you had other things happen with this, talk with your local dealership about this. They should be able to put your mind at ease.

Thanks for your interest, Michelle. I appreciate your help and suggestions, as I'm sure many others do on the forum. It's good to see our vehicle's manufacturer is actively trying to solve some issues. Personally, I don't feel anything is really amiss with my HHR - the "ice possible" message was more of a surprise to me than anything. My HHR is the newest car I own, so I had never been exposed to such technical advances in an car.

Again, thank you for your time.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:51 PM

@DaGrinch, it is my pleasure. I absolutely love my job and being on here with all of you.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me in the future.

I hope you have an awesome weekend planned.