General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Difference between US-Canada pricing....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:05 PM

Difference between US-Canada pricing....

makes me crazy. With the Canadian $ so strong, I just can't fathom why comparible options on a fully loaded panel HHR is almost $7,000.

I'm looking into a US purchase & bringing it up. There is no way that the paperwork/duties/hassle is going to eat up the 7 grand difference between our 2 countries.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:16 PM

Hey Chicken, you can save some coin by purchasing in the US. The one thing that you will find is that if you purchase a brand new one GM Canada will not honour the warranty for the first 6 months and then after that the car goes up for review by GM for them to determine if the remainder of the warranty will be honoured. It can be a crap shoot. The other problem you may run into is that an American dealer may not sell a vehicle to you. They are not supposed to sell to folks without an American address. In most cases this can be avoided if you can get an American post office box.

I was thinking about purchasing a 2008 Buick Enclave from the US because the price different is a good $15,000 MSRP. I'm now thinking about going with Infiniti because it sounds like they are easier to deal with on the warranty matter.

Make sure you do you homework before you try to make anything happen.

Check out the Registrar of Imported Vehicles and other government links for more information. I saw something online, from one of the government bodies, that they run information seminars every now and then but they are online offered in Ontario somewhere, which is good for you but bad for me.

Good luck.