General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Differences between LS and LT

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 12:50 AM

Differences between LS and LT

I’m looking for an economical vehicle specifically to haul all my junk in so I won’t muck up my other vehicles. The HHR won out over the Dodge Caliber due to more availability and I don’t like the CVT on the Caliber. So while shopping for a HHR it seems there are a lot more LS than LT in my price range. My question is, is there a big diff between the two trims? I don’t care about the easily swappable stuff like radio and wheels, but I would like stuff like automatic headlights ( you young folks will understand when you get older), power seats, and remote start. It’s coming down to a 2010 LS for $3000 (not fond of color) or a 2006 LT for $4000 good color). I saw how easy it is to add steering wheel controls - what other higher level options are similarly plug and play? Thanks y’all!
Old 09-07-2021, 05:22 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, the LS models didn’t usually have power seats , but they could have remote start. My 2LT doesn’t have remote start because it was ordered as a rental car. My 2007 LS had the upgraded radio and remote start , cruise control, but no power seats, no sunroof.

the big difference is the trim , more chrome on the LT , most likely a 2.4 in the LT. The LS would have a 2.2. They had the same 4T45 automatic transmission, same brake package, front discs , rear drums , but the LS doesn’t have ABS or Traction control. The LS will have the FE1 soft suspension, the LT may have that or the FE3 could be ordered with the 2LT package.
if you’re able to post a picture of the RPO code sticker , we can decipher what options the HHR has.
look for
AP3 indicates remote start
FE1 or FE3 suspension
LS or 1LT or 2LT for trim package
The LT might have fog lights

Last edited by Oldblue; 09-07-2021 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:41 AM

A 2010 would have ABS & traction & ESC.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:20 AM

I just got the VIN and it looks like it's a LS. The LT I was looking at a dealership is a no go because the mileage was "inconsistent" per CarFax - I figured something was fishy with a 2006 with only 86k miles. The funny thing is the LS has power seats and running boards, and no LT badges on the hatch. I think it may be one of those rental cars I've read about in this forum so it probably doesn't have remote start, which is a bummer since I plan on this being my winter car. Looks like I may pick it up today if all checks out.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Look in the glove box, the sticker in there has the RPO codes, power seats could have been an owner modification
Old 09-07-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Look in the glove box, the sticker in there has the RPO codes, power seats could have been an owner modification
i said what the heck, I’ll get it no matter what so long as the body is tight and it runs ok. Hate doing body work. I’ll let ya know how it goes in a couple of hours.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Ok, congratulations on your purchase
Old 09-07-2021, 05:40 PM

Bought it.

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Ok, congratulations on your purchase
Thanks! Done deal now!

I think this is one of the "weird" rental cars (that's what the CarFax indicates too) with power seats but no remote start. Definitely a LS but nothing on the hatch lids indicating so.

It also has running boards on it that the seller said came with the car when they bought it used. The main thing is that it isn't rusted out already despite being a northern "salt" car, but the wheels definitely have taken a beating from the winter.

I'm going to try my best not to go overboard - just a new radio and hopefully the factory remote start can be added. It would also be nice to add the steering wheel controls, and maybe new wheels, and maybe a nice dark rear window tint, and of course I need to polish and wax it...lol.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Old 09-08-2021, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Post a photo of the sticker in the glove box, we can tell you what you have.

as for those wheels, a clean up and paint or new rims.

Hand polished alloys

Factory gunmetal paint, chipped but not too bad

Factory rims sand blasted and powdercoated

Quick Reply: Differences between LS and LT