General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Disappointing Silverstars

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:19 PM

Disappointing Silverstars

I had a high beam out on one side, and a low beam out on the other. They were the lights that look REALLY blue'ish-white (nice).... I found some Silverstars in the H13 size, and I have to say, I am quite disappointed. I also had to pay $40 to have them installed because I couldn't get up to the bulb after I removed the fender lining. Aplogies for crappy cell phone pictures....

This was the old bulb:

and this is what it now looks like (silverstar headlight and blue fog light):

I'm very tempted to have the Silverstars out and replace them with a blue'ish tinted one like the one above (my fog lights are tinted the same color, so the silverstars look like a yellowish color compared to them), but I'm not sure I want to incur the extra bulb/installation cost.... maybe someone here would like the Silverstars from my car?

Am I being Picky?
Old 11-26-2008, 05:51 PM

Your "OLD" Bulb sure does look like the ones currently on ebay! $25.00 w/ Free Shipping!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:39 PM

jeez when i compared my Silverstars to a guy at work with his oem headlights in his HHR mine look white no yellow tint at all. I love the silver stars, will be buying them again when they eventually go out.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:50 PM

I agree with Chad. My Silverstars also look white and provide excellent light. I'm gonna get some for my wife's Van.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:41 PM

Silverstars produce excellent white light and make for a safer drive at night. I replaced my headlights/fog lights when my HHR was less than a week old. Very necessary for me.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:17 PM

I also have silverstars in all three HHRs head & fogs. when I put them in my HHR the wife and daughter said thay wanted then in there HHRs after seeing mine.

Last edited by oneton; 11-26-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by andoll83
I had a high beam out on one side, and a low beam out on the other. They were the lights that look REALLY blue'ish-white (nice).... I found some Silverstars in the H13 size, and I have to say, I am quite disappointed. I also had to pay $40 to have them installed because I couldn't get up to the bulb after I removed the fender lining. Aplogies for crappy cell phone pictures....

This was the old bulb:

and this is what it now looks like (silverstar headlight and blue fog light):

I'm very tempted to have the Silverstars out and replace them with a blue'ish tinted one like the one above (my fog lights are tinted the same color, so the silverstars look like a yellowish color compared to them), but I'm not sure I want to incur the extra bulb/installation cost.... maybe someone here would like the Silverstars from my car?

Am I being Picky?
I have had silverstars in my Mazda pickup, as well as my Sebrings for years...not one problem and I loved them. Have not found them yet for my HHR...otherwise I would have them installed. I use cotton glove when installing them, important to keep finger oils off the bulb. I am also thinking of the HID lights I see on ebay
Old 11-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Any of those cheap 'blue' tinted bulbs will burn out in like 4-5 months.

The silverstars ROCK. I always have them in my car...
Old 11-26-2008, 10:12 PM

We are a PIAA Extreme White Family :twothumbs! A Little Pricey but they are "Very White" !
Old 11-27-2008, 01:51 AM

Silverstars ROCK... Ditch the "blue tints"!

Quick Reply: Disappointing Silverstars