General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Do All HHRs come from GM Ramos Arizpe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 PM

You make a lot of good points.
"To many companies to day they are just thrilled if you show up everyday." I never thought the day would come when this would be true. As a supervisor and construction scheduler for 35 utility lineman, I have to juggle the jobs every day based on the manpower available. And work has almost come to a stop, money is tight.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Don't feel too bad as the money made comes to a company owned and based in America.

Little of the Profits made on Marysville Hondas don't stay in Ohio!

People in this country are coming to terms with the fact we all are not going to make $45 Per Hour to put a screw in a hole any longer.

We pay a very fair wage at work and still can't get people to pass a drug test or show up every day. We have even lowered our standards from what was required to be highered and kept on the job and still can not get people that we can retain. To many companies to day they are just thrilled if you show up everyday.

Jobs are here for people willing to work or at least for the ones willing to put the drugs down and show up.
Still, we can't deny that these guys at Ramos Arizpe do show up to everyday and they are good at what they doin spite of their polluted air and water, or so they say, HHR being a really good example
Old 09-29-2009, 05:15 PM

Having spent time in Mexico and not at Cobo. I can understand why people want to come here so bad. If you have never been to a third world country or enviroment you just really do not know what it is like till you do visit.

I also know most are very hard workers. I am not sure how the GM plant is but I am sure they do a good job there. Also For some reason there is an influx of Koreans in Mexican plants. Not sure how or why but many have gone there for work.

As much as we need jobs here we also need a stable Mexico. They are not that rock solid and if they fail even more than they have we could see another Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on our southern boarder. That is not something we want to see.

The whole boarder issue is just a mess.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Having spent time in Mexico and not at Cobo. I can understand why people want to come here so bad. If you have never been to a third world country or enviroment you just really do not know what it is like till you do visit.

Amen to that...........

Back in 92 to get away from the LA riots (I was on vacation there) we went to Tijuana....... I was driving a brand new rented Caddy and all of a sudden every car around me was a piece of junk.

I have seen poverty in the USA in the cities, appalachia, reservations etc. There's nothing here that even comes close........

We almost did get a Chavez there in the last election....

Fred
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by mgfred
Amen to that...........

Back in 92 to get away from the LA riots (I was on vacation there) we went to Tijuana....... I was driving a brand new rented Caddy and all of a sudden every car around me was a piece of junk.

I have seen poverty in the USA in the cities, appalachia, reservations etc. There's nothing here that even comes close........

We almost did get a Chavez there in the last election....

Fred
When walking in TJ we always watch for California plates on the cars before we cross the street. They have the best odds of stopping when we have the right way.

IF you want worse go to Hati!

TJ reminds me of the cantina town in the Star Wars movie. Anything goes.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by oneton
ALSO;

It is a major industrial center, founded in 1674, featuring many automotive industrial parks.
They made cars in 1674??
Old 09-30-2009, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
They made cars in 1674??
Sure they did this is where the original Desoto was from.

This model was the Hernado. It was not too popular with he locals. It cost them a lot of money, Killed many of them and had a lot of illegals from Spain taking their jobs.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:20 AM

According to the book "Why GM Matters", it claims that the plants in other countries ie Mexico, are just as good and have the same standards as the US plants.