General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Do I have a lemon? Assistance required

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Yes, I don't understand why this thread was titled the way it was.
I think it was just a poor choice of a over used and often misunderstood word.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:44 PM

Why would you think it's a lemon if you just bought it on Friday?

The 06's had a A/C "growl" that was repaired pretty easy. Odds are that has already been done.

If you don't have the side air bags, there was a recall for additional padding, again, odds are that has been done.

There was also a recall for the center compartment latch, it required an additional part, probably been done also, but a quick pic and we can tell you if it has.

Some had problem with the steering column, but that usually happened early in life and probably has been repaired if it was the case.

Mine had a "clunk" in the front when it temps get below freezing on certain bumps in the road.

Some complain about front brakes, I think it's more the drivers. I did mine at 47k miles.

SOme had blower motor issues, might have been caused by the infamous cowl water leak. The leak itself is a easy DITY fix.

It's got it's quirks, but I have no plans to get rid of it any time soon. Great car and it's been paid for, for a while....
Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM

Required!

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Yes, I don't understand why this thread was titled the way it was.
Not "help please!" WTH? take that car from that man, it needs a better home!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quack, Quack !!!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Platinum Member

For the record, no complaints..

And today a young pretty gal even said my ride was cool..

Well that sure made this old dude feel good..( & for a moment think about jail-bait)... LOL
Old 11-30-2010, 08:00 AM

Thanks for all the replies so far and I am sincerely sorry for the utilizing the word lemon. That was a poor choice and very insensitive of me

So now I am enjoying my new car and it seems to handle OK in the snow. Can anybody expand on the electrical problems for me please? I have noticed when activating the left turn signal sometimes it double flashes like a bulb is out and next time you use it, it's OK. Otherwise, everything seems to be running fine. The old lady smell is also fading
Old 11-30-2010, 08:48 AM

I have had bulbs fail to where some times they work and some times they don't going over bump may jar the contacts inside the bulb. the next time it start flashing fast you need to get out and check the lights if it is safe to do so.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Well, it looks like I'll be hanging around. The car checks out OK, apart from a dent on the underside of the radiator which has compressed a couple of fin layers up by an inch or so. Nothing seems to be leaking. I'll be running it back to the dealer tomorrow so they can fine tune my concerns, then I guess I'd better order my Weathertech liners !!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Deceased

Glad you're going to be hanging around, and you'll love the Weathertech goodies.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by uglyjim
Well, it looks like I'll be hanging around. The car checks out OK, apart from a dent on the underside of the radiator which has compressed a couple of fin layers up by an inch or so. Nothing seems to be leaking. I'll be running it back to the dealer tomorrow so they can fine tune my concerns, then I guess I'd better order my Weathertech liners !!
The turn signal is either a bulb or more than likely a flasher. THey are the same on most all cars and often act this way when they start to fail.

Check out the Nifty Product carpeted floor liners. They not only are molded to the floor but match the colors. Nifty is owned by Lund.

To clean them just hose them off and let dry.

Now is not really an issue. I have stability control and Assurance tripletreads and they pull me throught it all like a tank. This is the most un fun car for snow as I have ever owned. It will not slide around much at all. I miss dirt tracking my old truck and drifting thought the corners.

I even can push snow with my air dam on my SS and keep right on going.

Quick Reply: Do I have a lemon? Assistance required