General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Do I have a lemon? Assistance required

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:24 AM

Its the lamp giving you trouble, when you replace change 'em both. Also, just check that all the fuses are seated well. A couple of years worth of driving will wiggle them loose. Whenever you get an issue with your HHR, start there. then check with an auto parts store for a "code" explanation before taking it to the dealer. Ya remember the Six Million Dollar Man? "we have the technology..." thats how these little Eco-tec LNF's operate... a ton of technology, is required to keep them running as designed. Lots of sensors, and other monitoring equipment under the hood, that could make you think that you've completely blown your tranny or something like that, when you find out that a sensor has gone bad in the TCS, and since the TCS isn't sending info to the tranny, the tranny thinks its broken, and behaves accordingly.
This is the type of experience you should expect with the HHR... minor electrical and your very unlikley to cause any super-major damage to the motor, like a busted piston, bad main bearings, etc. While I think about it though, an expected replacment should be CV joints and such, although there haven't been any "complaint" threads, as of yet. Maybe cuz' the oldest HHR's are only 5 years old.

Enjoy the Forum, and the the thread stated the car was Yellow right?
Old 12-07-2010, 03:38 PM

You sound like you expect problems and expect to whine about them to the dealer... you're "one of those" (I'm a dealer haha)
Honestly, you bought a used car, don't expect it to be new. You did make a good pick at a fair price, so relax and enjoy the ride.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:56 PM

Do I have a lemon? Assistance required

Issues I've had so far: 5 times machined rotors, shocks and struts, steering gear, steering column, shifter knob, 2 rear seat pull knobs, 2 heat shields, 2 sway bars and bushings, sun roof wind deflector and flex pipe - catalytic. Not to certain if that's all the issues I've had starting at 7600km for a brand new vehicle. Could be some more. Only what I can remember from the hell I've been put through GM Canada. You guys are so lucky you have a lemon law in your country. To the guy who thinks nothing wrong for the fortunate ones who don't have issues. I'd trade you for a second to be my shoes. This is the worst piece of **** put together by GM or Government Motors.