General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Do you drive with the traction control on at all times..

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 PM

I leave it on 99% of the time. I have a 2LT with the StabilliTrak (ESC) and one rainy night decided to see what it could do.

It was 1AM and there is a little off camber turn on the way home. I saw nobody was coming so I came around the turn hard enough to where a car would normally understeer. The ESC kicked in, immediately straightened the car out as soon as it started to “push” and needless to say I’m very impressed with the technology.

I live in Seattle where we have a lot of wet weather. I think anyone that turns it off is doing themselves a disservice. It acts fast, works incredibly well, and most of the time isn’t even noticeable except for the light that flashes a second.

I leave traction control on too, probably saves the tires a tad.

I try not to drive my HHR in the snow, it is the worst snow car I have ever owned.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by chevyorange
I leave it on 99% of the time. I have a 2LT with the StabilliTrak (ESC) and one rainy night decided to see what it could do.

It was 1AM and there is a little off camber turn on the way home. I saw nobody was coming so I came around the turn hard enough to where a car would normally understeer. The ESC kicked in, immediately straightened the car out as soon as it started to “push” and needless to say I’m very impressed with the technology.

I live in Seattle where we have a lot of wet weather. I think anyone that turns it off is doing themselves a disservice. It acts fast, works incredibly well, and most of the time isn’t even noticeable except for the light that flashes a second.

I leave traction control on too, probably saves the tires a tad.

I try not to drive my HHR in the snow, it is the worst snow car I have ever owned.
Get better tires and you snow troubles will go away. Too many of the rest of us don't have snow issues with the HHR. Often the tires are the real isuse.

I have a similar off camber up hill turn to make into my street. Often it will have knee deep snow in it where the truck have pushed it off the main road.

I have gotten through it with no issues pushing snow with the air dam. my Intercooler will be packed in snow.