General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Does anyone have a majestic amethyst HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Banned

Question Does anyone have a majestic amethyst HHR?

I have a feeling that this is going to be the least popular color. There is a majestic amethyst HHR that has been sitting on one of the local lots ever since they hit my area. It could also be that it is a base model with only two options. It has the spoiler and the premium stereo. I think they stocked it to try and appeal to the youth market (cheap, odd color, big spoiler, and a OK stereo) but it has backfired on them.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:41 PM

I live in Monroe, Georgia and their is a lady with one in our town. Mine is Black and side by side it makes hers look a totally different car. In my oppinion, very ugly. In our area, I have seen a two black ones, including mine, a dark silver grey, a blue, the orange, the beige bronze, by the way; very nice and the purple.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Holmes Hot Ride
I live in Monroe, Georgia and their is a lady with one in our town.
Not to sound sexist but I think women are going to be the buyer of that color. My choice of colors was either dark silver or black. I went with dark silver because I found a dark silver 2LT on a local lot with all the options I wanted. If I wanted black with my choice of options I would have had to order from the factory and wait or dealer swap and not see my vehicle until it arrives. I'm not a very patient man so I signed on the one that was avalible.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:49 PM

I have the Beige Bronze (Sandstone) the nice one (HA), in the Atlanta area, live in Sugar Hill, Ga (North Atlanta Gwinnett County), work in south Atlanta.

HHR's are popping up all over Atlanta area. When I was looking, dealers here were selling the loaded ones, pretty quickly. Lower end ones, not as quick, just an observation, not in depth knowledge though!!

Maybe see you Holmes, out cruising!!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:59 PM

I think you are right about the purple. Mine is black and have installed running lites above running board, under the door pannel. The lites are amber. Had Wild Willies install. Look cool. My interior is tan leather. Do you by any chance ever come to the Conyers area? Maybe the Sandstone was yours, I saw.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Holmes Hot Ride
Mine is black and have installed running lites above running board, under the door pannel.
Sounds Cool! Could you post a pic?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:41 PM

I finally saw the color that you are talking about. It does seem more like a women's color.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I finally saw the color that you are talking about. It does seem more like a women's color.
Did you see it in person? Its even worse up close.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:47 PM

Hey! I got that color and I'm most definitely no woman! All my friends like it and i haven't seen it aywhere else in Dallas so i guess it stands out.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Banned

Sorry, I'm not trying to offend! I personaly don't think you'll see to many on the road so you could end up with a rarer HHR than the rest. Did you have your heart set on that color when you chose to get a HHR or did you choose it off of the lot? I'm not a big fan of purple but I have seen a couple of nice dark purple older cars that I have liked. My former neighbor had a dark purple 68' Camaro and it looked nice.

Last edited by captain howdy; 11-08-2005 at 11:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a majestic amethyst HHR?