General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Does this look like water mixed with oil on my dipstick??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 PM

Does this look like water mixed with oil on my dipstick??

Would anyone know if this picture looks like there is oil and water mixed? Could someone post a picture of what it is supose to look like? The reason I am wondering is because after I picked up my hhr after a month of it being at the dealer it overheated again. This time I took a picture of the dipstick because they keep telling me that no water and oil has mixed... which I find it very hard to believe... anyways.... I know that they are in the process of geting ready to change my hhr with a new one since it has overheated for the 7th time but as we speak GM's attorney is fighting with my attorney over legal costs that has added up... basicly GM doesnt want to pay the attorneys fee's but they really dont have a choice. The oil does look milky to me but Ive never really paid attention on how it supose to look. Anyways the dealer just called, they informed me that the head didnt warp like the last 2 times but it was a cracked head gasket, which has only been on the car for less than 100 miles... go figaure... sounds like a installation goof up to me.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:36 PM

Most times when I have had blown engines it looks like a tan milk shake. But these were rtace engines with dropped valves.

Also look under your fill cap as moisture will collect on the under side of it.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Founding Member

Kinda sorta, not enough oil on the stick to tell.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Kinda sorta, not enough oil on the stick to tell.
the dealer informed me that I had lost alot of oil, it was leaking out of the side of the block/head on the drivers side.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Founding Member

I am so glad you are getting a new HHR. This POS needs to be scrapped. I also think the dealerships have caused a lot of your problems. After you get your new one, find a better service department to deal with.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I am so glad you are getting a new HHR. This POS needs to be scrapped. I also think the dealerships have caused a lot of your problems. After you get your new one, find a better service department to deal with.
From what I understand GM will fix my hhr , put a salvage title on it and resale it at auction.... boy do I feel sorry for the sucker who buys it. As for the service department.... Yes they are complete idiots... when I went up there the service advisor got a big head and started to be rude... when I went to the service manager he was even worse, he told me that If I didnt like the service to take it some where else... thats when I got really pissed.... what they didnt know was that the only reason why I go there is because I am good friends with the owner of the dealer, his son and mine play football together,,, anyways... to make a long story short.... i went to his office and raised hell... problem solved...lol
Old 05-13-2009, 06:30 PM

X2 on a new service dept ! A Shop forman or a Master tech should have been driving that car for a few days. With the case file as big as this one GM would or should have come up with some OL or Diag. time to cover it. H--L the dealership for as long as they had the car. I don't like to hear about things like this it just makes me mad that things like this happen. It puts a black mark on the whole service side of dealerships. I was and still very proud of the service that I did at dealerships that I worked at. I still have a large group of cust. that I am still in touch with that call or stop by to talk and ask about things with there new GM cars & trucks. You need a new HHR or any other GM car for the trouble you have had> Good luck and hope it all works out for you.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 AM

Overheating 7 times? Yikes, I'd like to know what the total $ they spent trying to avoid the inevitable. Stories like this is everyone's worse nightmare. I'm glad you're finally getting a new one, now you can enjoy it the way most others do.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 AM

Be interesting to see if this is one of the soon to be "non-GM dealers".
Old 05-14-2009, 07:42 AM

GM dealers in Houston area are dropping like flies. Finding a good dealership is getting harder and harder to find. Buckalew in Conroe and Munday in Houston are about the only reputable dealerships left. Hope you do get a new HHR, this has gone on long enough.

Quick Reply: Does this look like water mixed with oil on my dipstick??