General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.
View Poll Results: blinking security dash light
answers
0%
is it normal after locking
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

douglas

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 02:14 PM

Question douglas

Hello everyone I just joined the HHR.net.I own a 2006 HHR LS.I kinda feel stupid asking this question but here goes,any advice would be great.Very early this morning i went for a hour long drive and when i got out of the car i pressed the automatic door lock on my remote like normal.As i was about to walk away since it was still dark i noticed the door lock security light flashing once about every 3 seconds,is this normal,First time i've ever noticed it.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by douglas
Hello everyone I just joined the HHR.net.I own a 2006 HHR LS.I kinda feel stupid asking this question but here goes,any advice would be great.Very early this morning i went for a hour long drive and when i got out of the car i pressed the automatic door lock on my remote like normal.As i was about to walk away since it was still dark i noticed the door lock security light flashing once about every 3 seconds,is this normal,First time i've ever noticed it.
Welcome to the forum!

mine does it all the time...if you stand there and watch it, it will flash all night i think. Its just hard to see unless your standing at the right angle
Old 11-18-2012, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the reply i just wanted to make sure it wouldnt drain the battery or it was some kind of code,thanks,Douglas
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM

@douglas, from what I read in the owner’s manual this light should blink once every three seconds to let you know that the vehicle’s security system has been armed. Here is the information:
On page 2-17 of the 2006 Chevrolet HHR owner’s manual-“The security light will turn on to indicate that arming has been initiated. Once the system is armed, the security light will flash once every three seconds.

If the security light is flashing twice per second, this means that a door is open.

If you do not want to arm the system, you may lock the car with the manual lock knobs on the doors.”

I hope this helps.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member

And here is a link to an Owners Manual that you can download - https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/online-owners-manual-3074/
Old 11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Administrator

it is normal the led light will no drain the battery
Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 AM

Wow, owned mine since late '09, never noticed the light. See how educational this forum is. Thanks to all that post.