General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Drivers Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Yeah, Ive sat in a solstice and a miata, and dismissed them immediately because the top of the windshield was too low. Then I buy an hhr, which seems almost the same. Go figure.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by MWG2
TRAFFIC LIGHTS??? You mean there are traffic lights??? THAT is why folks give me the one finger salute when I drive through intersections. Ok...I will start bending my head down and looking for traffic signals. Thanks for the "heads-up." (Bad pun, I know!!)
If your driving in NY City, the finger salute is a finger wave
Out here were I am at, most drivers wave with the index

At 6' I have no problem with my head brushing the head liner, but like others, the traffic lights are a bit hard to see. But I still love the car.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by tireman1554
Man! If your head touches the ceiling, I bet you have a hell of a time seeing traffic lights. I'm 5'11" and my head does not touch but I still have to lean forward to see traffic signals.
Check out the Light In Sight prism. I'm 6' tall also and didn't get the sunroof for the same reason - my head was brushing the headliner. I had the same problem seeing traffic lights. I just got a Light In Sight prism - makes a big difference. The light can be almost directly overhead and you can still see it. Well worth the money.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:01 PM

I sure feel bad for you tall dudes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:25 PM

I am a little paranoid when it comes to my hair brushing the ceiling, but I don't think I would like it without a sunroof at all
Old 01-07-2008, 04:26 PM

5'-9 1/2" and shrinking, used to be 5'-10". HHR seat height is just right for me.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:41 PM

Seat Height

My Husband and I just bought a 266 HHR and he is finding that even with the seat controls he can not get the seat quite low enough (He's 6') he was thinking that after the warranty is up he may remove the seats cut them down and reweld them back in. Has anyone else had this problem, or tried this modification??
Old 01-11-2008, 03:55 PM

There are many owners much taller than him who find the seat comfortable. I'm 5'10" and have several inches between my head and the roof with the power seat at it's highest position. You forgot to mention whether you have a sun roof or not. That makes a big difference.

Sounds like you'll have to be the primary driver of the HHR. That's not a bad thing at all!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by BlackBettie
My Husband and I just bought a 266 HHR and he is finding that even with the seat controls he can not get the seat quite low enough (He's 6') he was thinking that after the warranty is up he may remove the seats cut them down and reweld them back in. Has anyone else had this problem, or tried this modification??
This doesn't sound like a comfort issue, but rather a "I'm too tall to see traffic signals out the windshield" issue. (Not flaming, mind you, as I'm 6' myself and had the same issue)

There's a couple solutions that some of us have done for this, and none of them involve cutting out the seat and re-welding it. There are companies who make prismatic traffic signal finder lenses, which usually affix with adhesive and stay out of the way. I understand they work really well.

The other alternative is the one I picked: stop a little further back from the signal, and I have no problems at all seeing it. Granted, I can't do this all the time (there's some sensor-triggered signals in my area that you virtually have to park right underneath them to be noticed), but it works well for me when I can.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:06 PM

6 foot 4 here, Comfortable except for the traffic lights

Quick Reply: Drivers Seat