General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Embarrassment to the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Platinum Member

Well, you are right - in fact we should have a law against doing such a blasphemous thing.

Seriously though - come on people!! As Geg said - we are adults, and as Chevymgr said - to each his own.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 PM

this guy did more than stickers ( you older members should remember him)
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods-exterior-55/installed-my-ss-bumpers-pics-inside-23227/
Guess that is why he hasn't been heard from in a looooong time.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Deceased

Yeah, Chad created a "clone" the right way, factory cosmetic parts for a proper look, but no badges claiming it is what it isn't.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 PM

I think it is only a matter of opinion. One guy sticks on SS emblems, another guy installs SS bumpers, grille, ss seats, etc without emblems but both are trying to say "I have a SS" and both are only wanabees
Like Chevy Mgr said "to each his own" so I can live with that.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
Well, you are right - in fact we should have a law against doing such a blasphemous thing.

Seriously though - come on people!! As Geg said - we are adults, and as Chevymgr said - to each his own.
So adults aren't ever allowed to criticize ANYTHING? I'm sorry, I'm not saying everyone should run around and shred everything they don't like, but geez, some of you come off as so oversensitive and reactionary...almost like no one is allowed to state a dislike of something..

And yeah, Chad's ride looks awesome. Love what he did and how he did it.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by wmsburghhr
I think it is only a matter of opinion. One guy sticks on SS emblems, another guy installs SS bumpers, grille, ss seats, etc without emblems but both are trying to say "I have a SS" and both are only wanabees
Like Chevy Mgr said "to each his own" so I can live with that.

Actually, I think the guy who sticks on SS bumpers and grille but doesn't label it an SS is simply saying, "I happen to like the SS body kit better than the LS/LT body parts, and I had the money to do it, so on those parts went." He's not trying to fool passer-bys into thinking it's an SS.

Agree, it's a matter of opinion, but it seems like some people get very upset these days when anyone dares to express an opinion that isn't 100% sunshine. It's fine if we don't all agree, but geez, we have a right to express our opinions both positive and negative.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Devils950003
Actually, I think the guy who sticks on SS bumpers and grille but doesn't label it an SS is simply saying, "I happen to like the SS body kit better than the LS/LT body parts, and I had the money to do it, so on those parts went." He's not trying to fool passer-bys into thinking it's an SS.

Agree, it's a matter of opinion, but it seems like some people get very upset these days when anyone dares to express an opinion that's isn't 100% sunshine. It's fine if we don't all agree, but geez, we have a right to express our opinions both positive and negative.
Totally agree with you.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Devils950003

Exactly! I'd love to one day switch out all my base model parts for SS parts but I'd never in a million years claim it to be a real SS. I have no problem admitting that the SS body kit looks sick!
Old 06-18-2012, 02:32 PM

This one doesn't really bother me that much. I believe we've all seen much worse.

Probably the worst 'decoration' job I've seen was this..........

Was out driving in my community in 1987 or so.....
Noticed a car like this:

Fairly new C-class Benz. Maybe a year or two old.
Only it was plastered all over in those horrible 2/3 color wide tape stripes that you could buy back then from Pep Boys. We're talkin 8" wide stripes. And they were not just put horizontally down the sides or across the hood, roof and trunk lid. They were basically plastered on diagonally for the most part, haphazardly. Didn't 'end' anywhere in particular. If the stripe ran out in the middle of a door, that's where the owner stopped. And oh yeah - 8" tall multi-colored 'TURBO' decals, too. Wish I had a camera for that one......
Old 06-18-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by tmerkle111
I'm sorry if you are a member of this forum, but you should feel stupid for doing this to your HHR. I see no point to even doing this. It's an embarrassment to any HHR owner out there.
Maybe his name is something like "Sam Smith" and those are his initials.......