General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Embarrassment to the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
LOL, I know a Sam Smith, but that aint him.
Love Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout. He makes good beer.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by bassbase
Love Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout. He makes good beer.
Brother you aint kiddin'. I used to pay good money for that at a german restaurant in Allentown, PA. It seems to be a lot cheaper here in CA.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:15 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Breadfan
LOL, I knew this thread would be 'great'. geg, if it make you feel any better, I speak pretty good english and I still feel misunderstood. Us Americans enjoy a little 'trash talking' sometimes.
Thank you for your words guys.
Nevertheless, I soberly assessing my ability. Alas, my English is bad and it's true.

As for 'trash talking' - OO! I understand it very well. If you knew what was happening with the Russian language. Some of the Russian people have developed such a complex jargon that the average person needs to be translated.
Internet users used "Olbany."
Blue (Orthodox) gangsters speak on "Fenya."
I'm not saying that all the Russian bilingual: Russian literary language and the Russian mat (obscene version).
Kagda I was a student, I worked in construction. In The Soviet Union many of the students built - job in the summer, so can earn good money.
In our unit was a Mongol. A large man, very strong and tough - he arrived in Russia to go to university. But he did not speak Russian. During the two months of work at a construction site, he learned to speak and understand. Unfortunately, we are all on-site use only Russian obscenities. Since we all were friends, lived in the same carriage, and there were no women.
Thus, the poor Mongols was very surprised. He believed that he knew how to speak Russian. But his Russian did not fit for polite society. Especially, for the entrance examinations to the university. Urgent study of literary language version.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by geg
Thank you for your words guys.
Nevertheless, I soberly assessing my ability. Alas, my English is bad and it's true.

As for 'trash talking' - OO! I understand it very well. If you knew what was happening with the Russian language. Some of the Russian people have developed such a complex jargon that the average person needs to be translated.
Internet users used "Olbany."
Blue (Orthodox) gangsters speak on "Fenya."
I'm not saying that all the Russian bilingual: Russian literary language and the Russian mat (obscene version).
Kagda I was a student, I worked in construction. In The Soviet Union many of the students built - job in the summer, so can earn good money.
In our unit was a Mongol. A large man, very strong and tough - he arrived in Russia to go to university. But he did not speak Russian. During the two months of work at a construction site, he learned to speak and understand. Unfortunately, we are all on-site use only Russian obscenities. Since we all were friends, lived in the same carriage, and there were no women.
Thus, the poor Mongols was very surprised. He believed that he knew how to speak Russian. But his Russian did not fit for polite society. Especially, for the entrance examinations to the university. Urgent study of literary language version.
I think your English is pretty good, actually.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:29 PM

I was in south Jerzy on the Turnpike today and I saw another LT with SS badges in all the factory spots. He had something written on his rear window "Swap Thing" If I remember correctly. I don't know but for me this is stupid. its like putting AMG badges on a regular Benz or An M badge on a regular BMW. Why do that? If you want an SS buy one and if you can't afford it be proud of what U got. IMO.
This really annoys me. It makes me think the poser doing this is dumb.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pimphand
Maybe the 'poser' did that to annoy people that it really bothers..
Old 07-03-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pimphand
I was in south Jerzy on the Turnpike today and I saw another LT with SS badges in all the factory spots. He had something written on his rear window "Swap Thing" If I remember correctly. I don't know but for me this is stupid. its like putting AMG badges on a regular Benz or An M badge on a regular BMW. Why do that? If you want an SS buy one and if you can't afford it be proud of what U got. IMO.
Ah, what are you gonna do? I'll never get it either, especially when the owner hasn't done anything at all to make his car look like the car his false badging suggests it is. And it's sad that some cars that would otherwise look pretty sweet have their overall appearance downgraded with the fake badging. But it is what it is...whatever makes you happy I guess...
Old 07-05-2012, 08:36 PM

That "SS" wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so big, but as long as the owner likes the way it looks... enough said.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 PM

He was hoping to get famous in a thread maybe? I like it better than factory
Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 AM

Aren't we all forgetting that the sticker itself is good for 20 horsepower? lol