General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Engine Light On!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 02:19 PM

Angry Engine Light On!

Only three months old, and just over 8,000 km. and my engine light comes on and I go directly to the dealer for service. After a couple of hours in the shop the problem is determined to be a blown injector. The car has to stay in the shop for at least a week while they ship a replacement part from Michigan to Vancouver BC.
Anybody else think this is excessive. I mean that they don't have the part. I have to be with out my HHR over Christmas. My wife is really upset that the engine is having problems and at such low mileage. She has even complained to the manager...
Old 12-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Banned

It kind of strikes me as odd seeing as how it is just a fuel injector. Especialy if you have the 2.2 Ecotec because that is such a common engine. Even if you have the 2.4, I think it is the same 2.4 Ecotec thats in the NA Cobalt SS. That just seems odd that they wouldn't already have one in stock or readily avalible.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the reply Cap. I know that they haven't been selling many cars lately. But you would think that an injector like a spark plug or an air filter would be in supply some where other than Michigan.....and a week to mail the part here...!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:42 PM

Well, it is a "first year" model car - and a very "in demand" model as well. I bet you would've had the same problem if you had bought a Plymouth Prowler or Dodge Viper the first year they were released.

Very sorry to hear of your woes, and hope they get you running quickly!
Old 12-22-2005, 03:03 PM

They can over night the part. I wouldn't be upset about it things break, thats what the warranty is for. Did they put you in a rental? If not they should have.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:46 PM

I've been driving a rental for a week now. A Malibu and I don't like it one bit. Called the service department today to see if my car would be ready soon and they informed me that I should expect to wait at least 10 days (so another few days), for a part to be shipped during the holidays etc.
Just placed my problem with a higher authority.........
Old 12-28-2005, 04:46 PM

"Just placed my problem with a higher authority........."

Well, now you will certainly get results!

But don't think He'll move you out of the Malibu anytime soon!

Best of luck with it...
Old 12-28-2005, 07:41 PM

We also have a 2000 Malibu. It was the reason why I got the HHR. I wanted to trade it in for it. But my mom wanted me trade in my Ford Focus. The Malibu was my fathers car before he passed. The strangest thing is that since he's passed the Malibu has been in and out of the Service Shop aleast 10 times within the past 6 months.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:23 PM

IRG760, they should have VIP OVN'd the part it would have cost them nothing
to do this as GM would have picked up the freight bill, it sounds like the parts mngr doesnt know what he's doing. unless the part is backordered and they have to find a part from another dealer that wants to sell GM one then it is shipped directly from that dealer to your dealer. You need to call Chevy cust assistance and get them to call the dealer to see what the hold up is about. They will call the dealer and find out if they have done everything that could be done to get your HHR back on the road.

I work for a GM dealer in the parts dept, thats how I know.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by lrg760
I've been driving a rental for a week now. A Malibu and I don't like it one bit. Called the service department today to see if my car would be ready soon and they informed me that I should expect to wait at least 10 days (so another few days), for a part to be shipped during the holidays etc.
Just placed my problem with a higher authority.........
Im from BC too. What dealer did you buy yours at??? Cuz Ive had troubles finding HHRs.

Quick Reply: Engine Light On!