General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Entertainment features?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 AM

Entertainment features?

Granted i bought my HHR at a Chrysler Dealer and they are no help.

On their website they list
ENTERTAINMENT FEATURES
Speakers: 6
CD player
Radio data system
MP3 decoder
Internet access capable
AM/FM radio

Well anyhow here are my few questions...
Speakers: 6 there are 7 if you count the Sub woofer (not a question at all actually)

CD player Not sure if this is a single CD or 6 disc. I will try eventually

Radio data system: I assume this is the "i" button but it does me no good in western PA and North East OH. Is this for traffic or what?

MP3 decoder: Does this mean it will play MP3 CDs?

Internet access capable: I saw this in another thread but was unable to figure out what this is supposed to be. i see many HHRs online with this feature listed

AM/FM radio pretty self explanatory. Something i will never listen to.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:19 AM

most likely a single disc cd player

radio data is nice, i have x, so it tells me who is playing, what song etc. not for traffic at all

it will play mp3 cds

no idea on the internet, never heard that.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:02 PM

I don't think we have a subwoofer in the HHR, just 4 or 5 full range speakers. Here's where they are on a 7 speaker Pioneer system:

Windshield pillars: 2 speakers (looks like they are only tweeters)
Doors: 4 speakers mounted in lower front of doors (look to be full range speakers)
Cargo Area: 1 speaker mounted in left side of rear cargo (looks like a full ranger speaker)

No idea on internet connection either, RDS is great to see what title is playing but only good if radio station transmits the data.

Fred
Old 08-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Founding Member

If you give me the last 8 of your VIN, I can tell you what it is equipped with.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by mgfred
I don't think we have a subwoofer in the HHR, just 4 or 5 full range speakers. Here's where they are on a 7 speaker Pioneer system:

Windshield pillars: 2 speakers (looks like they are only tweeters)
Doors: 4 speakers mounted in lower front of doors (look to be full range speakers)
Cargo Area: 1 speaker mounted in left side of rear cargo (looks like a full ranger speaker)

No idea on internet connection either, RDS is great to see what title is playing but only good if radio station transmits the data.

Fred
Only differance in the speakers is if you have the sub or not. You either have a 6 speaker system, or a 7.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:16 PM

No internet access is available, unless they mean OnStar. When have the onstar rearview mirror, and you pay for a membership, they send you a monthly email with your vehicle status.

If yours plays MP3 cds, there will be a CAT button.
If you have a 6cd stereo, there will also be a LOAD button.
And if you have the subwoofer, you have "premium" speakers in the doors, although all the quoted specs are the same so Im not sure of the improvement over the base speakers.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
If you give me the last 8 of your VIN, I can tell you what it is equipped with.
8S707232

Originally Posted by twistrman
most likely a single disc cd player

radio data is nice, i have x, so it tells me who is playing, what song etc. not for traffic at all

it will play mp3 cds

no idea on the internet, never heard that.
Did you mean XM? I have a 4 or 5 year old audiovox plugged in the aux jack. Was originally looking for the add on unit but GM wants 225.00 before installation to upgrade my stereo to XM. The dealers I called were kind of arrogant about it. Wouldn't give me the part number even so I could look online. I did get the part number here but With prices like that no wonder Sirius and XM had to merge. I guess there are after market XM units for like the 2006 model? Crutchfield etc. were of no help either.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by ohiopest
8s707232
UE1 - 1 yr onstar safe & sound (ask dlr about turn-by-turn nav upgrade)
UQ3 - audio system high performance with 7 pioneer speakers
US8 - am/fm stereo, cd player, mp3 format, w/aux input jack (replaces std/opt radio)
2lt - 2lt preferred equipment group: *2.4l high output ecotec engine *chrome exhaust tip *sport-tuned suspension *leather wrapped steering wheel *steering wheel radio controls *leather wrapped shift knob *inside rearview mirror, auto dimming, compass *audio system, high performance with 7 pioneer speakers *wheels, 17" painted aluminum (replaces std/opt wheels) *bright chrome grille *bright chrome o/s mirrors *brt chrome liftgate applique *bright chrome door handles *bright chrome roof rail end caps(when purchased) *fog lamps *antilock brake system *stabilitrak-stability control traction control system *running boards, color keyed

Your vehicle is not equipped with XM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Only differance in the speakers is if you have the sub or not. You either have a 6 speaker system, or a 7.
Is that speaker in the cargo area a subwoofer? I did not see any mention of a subwoofer in the manual. I do think the 2 windshield pillar speakers are only tweeters (I had the same type of setup in my BMW).

Fred
Old 08-19-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mgfred
Is that speaker in the cargo area a subwoofer? I did not see any mention of a subwoofer in the manual. I do think the 2 windshield pillar speakers are only tweeters (I had the same type of setup in my BMW).

Fred
Yep, sub is in the cargo area.

Quick Reply: Entertainment features?