General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Entertainment features?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 PM

Is the "I" button only used for xm I believe. Some one correct me if I am wrong
Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
Is the "I" button only used for xm I believe. Some one correct me if I am wrong
Pressing the "I" button on the head unit when listening to the AM/FM radio will cycle the display to show either the time or what station you have selected. When listening to a CD, pressing this will cycle through displaying the time, the track number, and elapsed time of the track.

Not too sure about XM, but based on other new GM vehicles originally equipped with it, pressing it will cycle through the station name you are listening to, the band/group name, and the song title
Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 AM

pressing the i on xm gives you the artist and song....
Old 08-20-2009, 04:11 AM

Oh man OhioPest, you got a bright blue 2LT. That is exactly what I was looking for on the used market when I bought my white one. Beautiful car. I think you'll like it. Just curious, but if you have an MP3 jack, why are you focusing on the XM or Sirius? Just think what you could download per month onto your MP3 for the price of that radio subscription. :-) I never had an MP3 until I bought my car, and now I love it. All of my favorite songs, right in my car. Of course, you may prefer talk radio..... God Bless, Marc
Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Marcruger
Oh man OhioPest, you got a bright blue 2LT. That is exactly what I was looking for on the used market when I bought my white one. Beautiful car. I think you'll like it. Just curious, but if you have an MP3 jack, why are you focusing on the XM or Sirius? Just think what you could download per month onto your MP3 for the price of that radio subscription. :-) I never had an MP3 until I bought my car, and now I love it. All of my favorite songs, right in my car. Of course, you may prefer talk radio..... God Bless, Marc
I had up until this point a 1998 Sunfire GT with 230,000 miles on it. It is close to death needs a waterpump and some minor transmission work. Anyone want it?
The HHR is a little bit of an upgrade. My point is that I had XM in the old car and I like it for the original live programming of some of the talk and comedy channels as well as some of the music channels like Alt Nation, Faction, Underground Garage, Backspin etc. I am pennies away from dropping it being their rates keep "increasing".
I hear songs I like on Alt Nation and others and then download the album to my iPod. local radio in NE Ohio sucks. It takes 6 months to a year for any new music to leak into the area. I can't wait for nationwide wifi when we can all just stream audio to our vehicles directly.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:14 AM

I understand about the radio situation. The good news is....you got a blue one. :-) God Bless, Marc
Old 08-20-2009, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Marcruger
I understand about the radio situation. The good news is....you got a blue one. :-) God Bless, Marc
I looks incredible clean.... Thanks! I did XM for a little while this morning then switched to the iPod. The AUX in is a nice addition in the last 4 years on GM cars. (Flat EQ on the iPod and manual adjust on the factory Head unit.) Ludo and Marvelous 3 on the way into work. Good stuff.