General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Equinox antenna

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bertland
HiHi! My father just bought a new 07 Equinox, I wonder how he feel with out antenna....
You know your dad better than any of us, but if my son did that, he`d best not come around anytime soon.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 AM

Is this antenna ok for XM radio, or is there a difference?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:45 AM

Hi desert, yes there is a difference in a AM/FM antenna and one for XM. The XM is a small square box antenna and the after market ones are the same. I think the Sirrus is also a box type antenna. Plus the cable to the radio is fiber optic. The roady my daughter bought had that and she yanked it when trading cars and broke it, and had to get another antenna to get it working again. The small antenna you may be thinking about on some of the upsize vehicles is the one for the On-Star.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
You know your dad better than any of us, but if my son did that, he`d best not come around anytime soon.
His about the same way...
Old 06-21-2007, 10:29 PM

Thumbs up Very Cool!

Thanks a lot for the idea & part #! I just ordered 1 of these, I'll see what I think of the reception after I receive it. I like the look of it, not too long & not too short, and I have to be honest...although I listen primarily to XM, the FC reception on my chrome stubby SUCKS. It looks cool as heck, but I am just keepin' it real. I hope to get better reception with the Equinox. Plus I saw 1 on an '07 Torrent today & it is a pretty nice lookin' antenna. Much better lookin' than the stock fishin' pole on the HHR. GREAT FIND!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:26 PM

CV,
What I was really looking for (ask, dummy!) was what does Chevy put in for an antenna for XM? I've seen the thread on how to splice into it for Sirius, but where is the antenna mounted? Is it a seperate antenna somewhere on the HHR? I've asked my local dealership, and they don't have a clue, or don't want to let the "secret" out.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by deserthhr
CV,
What I was really looking for (ask, dummy!) was what does Chevy put in for an antenna for XM? I've seen the thread on how to splice into it for Sirius, but where is the antenna mounted? Is it a seperate antenna somewhere on the HHR? I've asked my local dealership, and they don't have a clue, or don't want to let the "secret" out.
It's on the top in back near the hatch. With on-star is part of that antenna, w/o its the small square black thing.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:57 PM

Thank you, sir! Trying to make a clean install of my Sirius radio without re-creating stuff, using available wires,etc..., awww, I'm lazy! Easy is good.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
Thanks a lot for the idea & part #! I just ordered 1 of these, I'll see what I think of the reception after I receive it. I like the look of it, not too long & not too short, and I have to be honest...although I listen primarily to XM, the FC reception on my chrome stubby SUCKS. It looks cool as heck, but I am just keepin' it real. I hope to get better reception with the Equinox. Plus I saw 1 on an '07 Torrent today & it is a pretty nice lookin' antenna. Much better lookin' than the stock fishin' pole on the HHR. GREAT FIND!!!
You're Welcome
Old 06-27-2007, 08:59 PM

Thumbs up shipped today...

my '07 equinox antenna was shipped today from gmpartsdirect.com...thanks again for this great find!

Quick Reply: Equinox antenna