General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

ESC question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 06:02 PM
Administrator

X2^^^^^^^
Old 07-06-2022, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Well. I think you need to deal with that shade tree wire problem before anything else. Post a picture of that. If it really is "wrapped around the stabilizer link a few times??? " I would love to see that.
Gravel drive ? No empty asphalt or concrete parking lots in your area ? Not saying you need to do major repair work there but at least a place you can take a look at your car.
Or a set of car ramps and a sheet of carboard to lay on.
Yeah, it looks like someobe did it to keep it from just flapping in the wind..... Ill get a pic soon
Old 07-06-2022, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Well. I think you need to deal with that shade tree wire problem before anything else. Post a picture of that. If it really is "wrapped around the stabilizer link a few times??? " I would love to see that.
Gravel drive ? No empty asphalt or concrete parking lots in your area ? Not saying you need to do major repair work there but at least a place you can take a look at your car.
Or a set of car ramps and a sheet of carboard to lay on.
If I go into town, Im in the sticks.... gravel and dirt everywhere
Old 07-06-2022, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
U2142 00 is lost contact with the yaw sensor
U2143 00 is lost contact with the PSCM
U1500 00 is the GMlan is shorted or open.
Look at fuse #19 BCM.
Check fuse #56 & #57 & 61 underhood.
Check the connectors on the EBCM.
Has anyone messed with any of the wires around the BCM or under the hood or around the gear shifter?
The (C0460) PSCM and the (C0292) Yaw sensor both connect to the EBCM for 12V power and ground. Check the ground for the EBCM.
If the yaw sensor is not connected the 12V is turned off to the PSCM.
The yaw sensor is under the waterfall area near the BCM.

"Lost communications with" does not necessarily mean faulty module. More likely a blown fuse, a loose wire etc.
From U1500 diagnostic aids:
No one has messed with anything other than me doing the fogs since returning from my trip, only issue was fuel guage went wacko on the way home from that trip. But everything else was normal. I will check fuses tomorrow and try to get a pic of the hub wire wrapped around the link pin. if I can get the plug off Ill unwrap it and get it right... not much room to reach it with tires turned and no where to jack it, cant get it in the garage yet til I get the mower back together ( waiting on a part still ) Just baffles me with some of the codes like steering sensor and all as I didnt have it before disconnecting the battery and doing the fogs?

Old 07-07-2022, 03:17 AM

What size tires?
Do you have any idea how old the battery is? Hot weather stresses old batteries. Losing contact is a sign of low voltage.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:58 AM
Administrator

When you did the fogs? That’s when the problem started? Retrace your work, did you dislodge a ground wire? Splice into any wire harness? Have you removed the bulbs from the fogs, did the problem stop?
Old 07-07-2022, 07:56 AM

You are aware that the fog lights are connected to the BCM?
Battery power was restored to the vehicle and control modules on the communications circuit did not all re-initialize at the same time
Old 07-07-2022, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Did you mean atomic batteries to power?

Old 07-07-2022, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
When you did the fogs? That’s when the problem started? Retrace your work, did you dislodge a ground wire? Splice into any wire harness? Have you removed the bulbs from the fogs, did the problem stop?
No splicing, the original wiring was intact behind the bumper. So, I didnt mess with anything other than the cover to pop the new fogs in and plug the harness into fogs and replace the cover and plastic rivits. only thing other than that ws I disconnected the battery because I was going to try and pop the airbag off to do the switch but didnt .
Question, with battery disconnected awhile while doing the fogs, on an uneven, sloped gravel drive , would that throw anything off when battery was reconnected? Becaause I dont get why the YAW and steering sensor would all the sudden be off when it wasnt before?
Old 07-07-2022, 06:10 PM
Administrator

No, I think you have a ground wire issue

Quick Reply: ESC question