General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

ESC question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
BCM is the in cabin fuse box. ECM is under the Darth Vader hood in front of the underhood fuse box.
Thank you. I will check connections
Old 07-17-2022, 03:53 PM

Havent been able to check connections yet but the last few days have been in the 80s instead of 102.... the service ESC has not been popping up since its been cooler out ????
Old 07-22-2022, 04:24 PM

So since the last posts..... I have been running around quite a bit and no service ESC lights anymore? Is it possible it was something to do with the battery being discconnected and the system relearning ? Odd.
Anyways, I will be making a 3 hour round trip down south to the outlaws place to pick up an old Bobcat they are giving me, will sure make work around here easier.

No, I wount be hauling it with the HHR, the father in law will haul it with his diesel truck and big trailer, I just got to go help get it started and loaded up.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:01 PM
Administrator

In the words of the great Bugs Bunny ( Mel Blanc) Ah! Could be!!
Old 07-22-2022, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
In the words of the great Bugs Bunny ( Mel Blanc) Ah! Could be!!
Im just glad it is off finally. The traction is working properly as when I drive up and coming into my gravel drive the wheels lock/spin from uneven / potholes / slopes until I can get some gravel delivered and graded. as they do the traction lights up then goes back out as it should. I did price a new ACDelco battery with my son in law $164 or $146.... cant remember which but that combo of numbers LOL for the Battery style 90G I believe it was called
Old 07-24-2022, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bonez
Im just glad it is off finally. The traction is working properly as when I drive up and coming into my gravel drive the wheels lock/spin from uneven / potholes / slopes until I can get some gravel delivered and graded. as they do the traction lights up then goes back out as it should. I did price a new ACDelco battery with my son in law $164 or $146.... cant remember which but that combo of numbers LOL for the Battery style 90G I believe it was called
I’m kinda off the slipping tire sealant because that would be no different than the tire slipping on gravel or snow as far as the system could tell. Crud in the wheel sensors could have dislodged itself. Or maybe it was sunspots. Remember when we used to blame sunspots for electronics weirdness?

Sam’s Club is stlll selling Duracell batteries for $120 installed, all sizes.
Old 07-27-2022, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
I’m kinda off the slipping tire sealant because that would be no different than the tire slipping on gravel or snow as far as the system could tell. Crud in the wheel sensors could have dislodged itself. Or maybe it was sunspots. Remember when we used to blame sunspots for electronics weirdness?

Sam’s Club is stlll selling Duracell batteries for $120 installed, all sizes.
Yes and supposedly the sun is having some massive flares lately? Thats good to know, Im a member with Sams Club... I might check that out if their batteries and warranty is as good as ACDelco?
Old 07-29-2022, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bonez
Yes and supposedly the sun is having some massive flares lately? Thats good to know, Im a member with Sams Club... I might check that out if their batteries and warranty is as good as ACDelco?
I just chose the best price on a reputable battery that I liked. I did zero research for that purchase, didn’t even get reviews. It’s too complicated, and here’s why: Consumer Reports did a car battery review years ago and found that performance and life vary wildly with size, so you can’t just go by brand and line, and life did not correlate to warranty, and with the battery management system and the box full of lead in the nice cool tire well, I expect ​to get far more life than any warranty, anyway.
  • Sam’s Club Duracell includes new vent elbow (check to make sure it’s taped to the battery, save it or the old one) $120 installed
  • Delco has different grades, the “Professional” carried at the nearby Menard’s costs more and does not include installation. $130. They all have a core charge but the process here is a pita.
  • Walmart Everstart Max (good reviews at CR, decent personal experience.) installed $150 and they don’t take appointments like Sam’s does.
Old 07-30-2022, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
I just chose the best price on a reputable battery that I liked. I did zero research for that purchase, didn’t even get reviews. It’s too complicated, and here’s why: Consumer Reports did a car battery review years ago and found that performance and life vary wildly with size, so you can’t just go by brand and line, and life did not correlate to warranty, and with the battery management system and the box full of lead in the nice cool tire well, I expect ​to get far more life than any warranty, anyway.
  • Sam’s Club Duracell includes new vent elbow (check to make sure it’s taped to the battery, save it or the old one) $120 installed
  • Delco has different grades, the “Professional” carried at the nearby Menard’s costs more and does not include installation. $130. They all have a core charge but the process here is a pita.
  • Walmart Everstart Max (good reviews at CR, decent personal experience.) installed $150 and they don’t take appointments like Sam’s does.
yeah batteries can be bad brand new off the shelf too ( been there done that ) so far everything has been fine so may have been part of a relearn after disconnecting the battery that day? anyways, im out of commission for a few months no, surgery to repair 2 major ligamints in my wrist, wirst than the scan showed as they were shredded. 2 weeks in this splint then I get a cast foe a couple months or so...then into rehab .looking a bit like hellboy.

Old 07-30-2022, 12:31 PM
Administrator

You take care of that wrist!!

Quick Reply: ESC question