General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Explain This!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by teech
hmmm...I wonder if one of these jobbies could fit in front...either in the bumper or in front of the radiator and get some cool air into an Airaid intake? THe front of the intake is open...you could use both fog light holes and direct the air straight up the middle to the intakes front opening. Don't know if it can take the heat there or if it would obstruct air from getting to the radiator, but itd be cool. You could also use the the mod the covers to to add some mesh for stuff that may try to blow in there like...then use the same mesh for a Mr. Bumpstops Lower Grille (TM)

Is it feasable?
I think it is very feasable
the velocity funnel will not fit in the lower grill hole because of no upper lip. i am sure you could cut a hole to put it in and make it work. the funnels are 6.5 inches wide and too big for the fog light holes as well so the only way they would work is to cut holes in the bumper and i think they are way too big. it these Velocity funnels were 5 inches around, they would fit in the fog light holes perfectly.

i really think that you can get a set up where you can put a pvc pipe or a metal muffler adapter to fit in the fog light hole that has a reducer on it to 2 or 2.5 inches and then hook up to that and run that to a Y and then to the front of the air filter or the tube to the air raid box on the side and that would give you some nice compressed ram air from the front grille and like ChitownMike did put screens in front of the tube to inhibit anything big coming in the pipe. you would want the tubes in the fog light holes to be pretty snug to really mount it in or just fiberglass a tube in there. i would want mine removable in case i wanted to ever put in my fog lights.

i think some after market fog lights could be mounted on the sides of the lower grille hole w no problem.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Founding Member

I did the same type of extention tube to the air cleaner as CJ did but from kit parts from an auto parts house.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:48 AM

anyone else care to give some recommendations (thanks to those that have already)?
Old 09-03-2006, 03:41 AM

I have a question, you said you hit something in the road cracked the grill and the foglights are out now along with the plug in the bumper? Then later you said you needed to have the bumper, radiator and A/C Condensor replaced? Did the A/C quit working too? This will explain the increase in MPG if this isn't running. Also more pep if the compressor isn't running.

Last edited by cvrogershhr; 09-04-2006 at 02:54 AM.