General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

First All Disc Panel -- SS material

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Applenut
Cool, thanks, I'm waiting 'till I hit 36k and mine is going on (this winter). Any photo help will be useful.
Heres the Header Install pic

Use 13mm socket , and wrench for a few of them...

Last edited by hvrod; 10-02-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by hvrod
I used option 2, plus you will have to look up the brake calipers, brake cables, installation hardware,, Again use GM parts..... (Cobalt) there your friends....
You will need item 11, 10 (and mounting hardware)

Item 12 you just remove it from your stock suspesion and transfer to the new suspension.

To removal of the suspension remove the the (6) number 16 bolts.. ( of course you must disconnect you hydraulic lines, disconnect shocks, coil springs, and remove the harness for the ABS brakes (if you have them)...

You will also need to remove and replace your emergency brake cables...
(Again use Cobalt parts..)

Before remove the hydraulic lines you must decide what hoses your going to use stock or steel braided, then make sure you have all the hoses and fittings..

Pretty straight forward in removal and replacement.. I had no issues with the reinstall.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned

So the Cobalt discs ARE slotted and drilled? Cool. I didn't think anything less than the Corvette had those.

Pretty amazing how the whole axle beam has to be replaced to fit up the disc brakes. It would have been nice to have independent strut suspension back there.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:56 PM

Thanks for sharing
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 PM

oh man!!! this is awsome!!!

WAITRESS, can i have some extra napkins please?!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:38 AM

Disc Brak Conversion

I had my HHR in for 10,000 mi service on Monday and I aksed the service manager if it was possible to have them install the rear disc brake conversion on my '07 HHR. His reply: "No. We can't install anything but parts used to build the car." I asked if I ordered the parts and installed them, what would that do to the warranty. His reply: "Anything that is different than how the car was built voids the warranty."

Comments?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by chasarch
I had my HHR in for 10,000 mi service on Monday and I aksed the service manager if it was possible to have them install the rear disc brake conversion on my '07 HHR. His reply: "No. We can't install anything but parts used to build the car." I asked if I ordered the parts and installed them, what would that do to the warranty. His reply: "Anything that is different than how the car was built voids the warranty."

Comments?

To each their own..

I just know I have the first All Disc Panel, and with rotors the HHR SS doesn't have... And most of the major parts are GM....
Old 10-03-2007, 07:53 AM

This is what it looks like changing out the rear suspension -- both still GM Parts

Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 AM

I thought the HHR had same frame and suspension as cobalt to begin with. Or is it just frame because in that pic they look almost identical?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
I thought the HHR had same frame and suspension as cobalt to begin with. Or is it just frame because in that pic they look almost identical?
The rear axle is the same except for the caliper mounts for the disc brake assembly on the Cobalt SS. The Delta architecture varies a little bit from model to model, with the exception of the G5 and Cobalt, which are identical.

Quick Reply: First All Disc Panel -- SS material